Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I've picked up a 7th Referral.

1. Oct 9, 2005 #1

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I've picked up a 7th Referral. Is there a way for me to find the usernames of these people? I know 6 of them, and am curious to know who the latest one is.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 10, 2005 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Good question, I know 6 people I referred here signed up, but I only show 4. Perhaps they didn't all reference me.

4. Oct 11, 2005 #3

Lisa!

Gold Member

I think you should look for them amongs you friend in other scientific forums.

5. Oct 11, 2005 #4

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

More than half of my referrals are people I know personally (2 former students, a co-worker, and my girlfriend). Between all the people I know in the real world and the virtual world, I think I would have a hard time tracking the 7th referral down.

6. Oct 11, 2005 #5

Lisa!

Gold Member

Oh interesting! Now we would have a hard time to find these people you know personally especially the last 1! :rolleyes:
    I myself introduce this site to some of my friends, but never talk to them about my UN. (I think the can simply recognize me if they stick around sometimes) But you know since you registered with your real name and you're a mentor even if people who know you, find this site by themselves, they can simply recognize you're here!

7. Oct 11, 2005 #6

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

Where do your referrals show? I know at least two people that I've referred have registered here. It would be interesting to see if they credited me or not.

8. Oct 11, 2005 #7

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

In your public profile, under "Forum Info". You have 1 ref.

9. Oct 12, 2005 #8
    My referral count was 6, now it has come down to 3(I don't understand how) and I don't know a single person who has referred me.

10. Oct 13, 2005 #9

JamesU

Gold Member

I ahve 2. but I think it should be one. because when I registered franzbear's account, I didn't know what a refferal was, and I typed yomamma.

11. Oct 22, 2005 #10
    I also noticed I have one referal, and I have no idea who it is.

I would also like to know who tried to get into my computer today from this IP:

211.58.208.245:4065

12. Oct 22, 2005 #11

robphy

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I don't know who... but a "VisualRoute" lookup yields
    211.58.208.245 | ?Seoul, Korea | Hanaro Telecom Inc.

13. Oct 22, 2005 #12
    Thanks, robphy. I have no idea who that could be, though.

14. Oct 22, 2005 #13

Danger

Gold Member

Please let me know who she is so I can start flirting with her to annoy you.:biggrin:

15. May 18, 2006 #14

Lisa!

Gold Member

why cant we see the number of our referrals anymore?:bugeye:

16. May 20, 2006 #15

Lisa!

Gold Member

Hello????????

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?