Jack Sparrow is Back - Don't Disappoint Me

• Thread starter arildno
  • Start date
In summary, the movie premier was a success and many people wore pirate hats to the event. Roger Ebert is recovering from surgery and will not be able to rate the movie, but according to the reviews, it is a great movie.
arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Jack is back!

Jack Sparrow, that is.
From the earliest reviews I read, it seems to be THE GREAT SUMMER FILM!
:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Anyone who has seen this move, post your comments*

*Do NOT disappoint me. Please.

Physics news on Phys.org
We are going to see it when it opens this Friday. We will be wearing the special pirate mickey ears hat to the movie premier.

http://www.laughingplacestore.com/images/products/1069M.jpg

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am really looking foreward to seeing Jack in action again. I adored the first movie.

regards
marlon

Too bad Geoffrey Rush won't be in this movie, I loved his performance.

arildno said:
Too bad Geoffrey Rush won't be in this movie, I loved his performance.
Captain Barbossa, yeah loved him too. Especially the scene where explains to Elisabeth how the "parler" does not apply to her and for what reasons. "The code are more guidelines, not actual rules"

In part three he will be there again

marlon

I really want to see this one though I haven't seen the first. Would that be a bad idea?

Gokul43201 said:
I really want to see this one though I haven't seen the first. Would that be a bad idea?

From all the reports that I've heard of the movie (the movie premiered about 2 weeks ago at Disneyland http://www.laughingplace.com/Lotion-View-246.asp), you don't need to see the first movie to get this one, but it would help, because you then will know the history behind the 3 main characters.

So go rent the DVD, Gokul. The first one was so much fun that you shouldn't miss it.

Zz.

Last edited:
A SHORT HISTORY OF THE 3 MAIN CHARACTERS:
1 Elisabeth:
Cosseted upper class girl
2. Will Turner:
Dumb pretty-boy blacksmith, of all things.
3. Jack Sparrow:
Shady character with dubious degree of sobriety&morality.

Oh, that weren't histories, but portraits, I think.

Last edited:
ZapperZ said:
So go rent the DVD, Gokul. The first one was so much fun that you shouldn't miss it.

Zz.

:approve: Seconded...

regards
marlon

Well, it isn't all bleak on the RT site:
James Berardinelli, for example, gave the movie 3 stars out of 4, and from my experience, he has much the same tastes in movies as I do.

This blog has a good round-up of the reviews for this movie.

http://thedisneyblog.typepad.com/tdb/2006/07/pirates_ii_revi.html

Too bad Roger Ebert is recovering from an emergency surgery. It would be fun to hear what he has to say...

Zz.

Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Man's Chest is a winner!

Think of Star Wars - Empire Strikes Back. It left you hanging just the way you were left hanging about the fate of Hans Solo. You will have to wait till next year to find out.

The 2+ hours went by just like that. It was that entertaining. But the best part was that we also bumped into other people who also wore the Mickey Ears pirate hat to the movies. And of course, many people stopped us wanting to know where we got the hats.

We are planning on going to see it again, probably in a couple of weeks. It was visually stunning.

Zz.

I can't wait to see this movie! I really liked the first one and I'm sure this one will be great as well.

Excellent film with an extremely frustrating ending :mad: . Looking forward to the third already. :biggrin:

We had friends who wanted to go see Pirates last night. They checked 4 different theaters and they were all sold out! Early reports indicated that Pirates broke the 1-day record on Friday with $55.5 million take.

It looks like this is a big one for Disney.

Zz.

Hootenanny said:
Excellent film with an extremely frustrating ending :mad: . Looking forward to the third already. :biggrin:

Yea that is exactly how I felt as well, I went to see it this morning and it was a great movie that was funny and exciting, but the ending is just horrible in the way that it leaves you hanging so now I'm definitely going to have to see the third one.

I went with some friends friday night, we got to the theatre at around 7, and all shows until the 10:30 show were sold out... so of course we got tickets to that.

I loved hte movie, the ending definitely does leave you with a sense of regret that the third movie can't be seen yet!

great movie. I read a bad review on it and still went. It was as good as the first. If you liked the first one, you'll love the second one. As as someone mentioned already, it's setup for a third. Ignore the naysayers and you won't be disappointed.

arildno said:
From the earliest reviews I read, it seems to be THE GREAT SUMMER FILM!

Well I would argue that Clerks II will be THE great summer film... but that comes down to personal taste!

http://www.clerks2.com/myspace/july21myspace.jpg

Zantra said:
great movie. I read a bad review on it and still went. It was as good as the first. If you liked the first one, you'll love the second one. As as someone mentioned already, it's setup for a third. Ignore the naysayers and you won't be disappointed.

I read about it ending it on a "To Be Continued" style ending and some reviewers using that as a negative thing... I mean the fact that they filmed these back to back led to me believe it would be a two-part kinda movie anyway and that's a good thing in my book - it means they can tell a bigger story!

So for those that have seen it how does the story tie-in to the first movie - is there a larger story arc going on or are these ones a stand alone story?

Just saw Dead Man's Chest yesterday and i absolutely loved it. Orlando Bloom and the girl are a bit boring but they are well compensated by Johnny Depp and DAVY JONES

hahaha

marlon

1. Who is Jack Sparrow?

Jack Sparrow is a fictional character from the Disney movie franchise "Pirates of the Caribbean". He is portrayed as a witty and eccentric pirate captain who is known for his love for adventure and rum.

2. Is "Jack Sparrow is Back - Don't Disappoint Me" a new movie?

No, "Jack Sparrow is Back - Don't Disappoint Me" is not a new movie. It is a popular phrase used by fans to express their excitement for the return of Jack Sparrow in the recent "Pirates of the Caribbean" movies.

3. Why is Jack Sparrow such a beloved character?

Jack Sparrow is a beloved character because of his unique personality, his cleverness and wit, and his ability to always come out on top despite facing numerous challenges and enemies. He is also known for his iconic catchphrases and mannerisms that have become synonymous with the character.

4. Will Johnny Depp reprise his role as Jack Sparrow in future movies?

At the moment, there is no official confirmation on whether Johnny Depp will reprise his role as Jack Sparrow in future "Pirates of the Caribbean" movies. However, fans are hopeful that he will return as the beloved character.

5. How many "Pirates of the Caribbean" movies has Jack Sparrow appeared in?

Jack Sparrow has appeared in all five "Pirates of the Caribbean" movies released so far - "The Curse of the Black Pearl" (2003), "Dead Man's Chest" (2006), "At World's End" (2007), "On Stranger Tides" (2011), and "Dead Men Tell No Tales" (2017).