Stop Input with Control Z: Java Loop

• Comp Sci
  • Thread starter Punkyc7
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Java Loop
In summary, "Stop Input with Control Z: Java Loop" is a technique in Java that allows for the termination of user input using the Control Z key combination. It works by using a loop to continuously read input until the key combination is detected. This technique is useful for allowing user input while also having the ability to stop the program at any time. However, it only works for keyboard input and may vary on different operating systems. Alternative methods for stopping user input in Java exist, but "Stop Input with Control Z: Java Loop" is a commonly used and straightforward approach.
Punkyc7
I am having the user enter a bunch of strings and when the user wants to stop entering them I want him to use control z to stop the input. The only problem is I can't seem to figure how to make that happen, does anyone have any suggestions?

Physics news on Phys.org
There should be lots of examples on line you can follow. The phrase you want to Google is 'trap keystrokes'

Ok thank you, I didnt know what to look for

What is "Stop Input with Control Z: Java Loop"?

"Stop Input with Control Z: Java Loop" is a programming technique in Java that allows for the termination of user input by pressing the Control Z key combination on the keyboard.

How does "Stop Input with Control Z: Java Loop" work?

This technique works by utilizing a loop in the Java code that continuously reads user input until the Control Z key combination is pressed. Once the loop detects the key combination, it will terminate and the program will stop accepting user input.

Why would I need to use "Stop Input with Control Z: Java Loop"?

This technique is useful when you want to allow for user input in a Java program, but also want to have the ability to stop the program at any time. It can be used in various applications, such as data entry or user input validation.

Are there any limitations to using "Stop Input with Control Z: Java Loop"?

One limitation of this technique is that it only works for keyboard input. If your program requires input from other sources, such as a file or network, a different approach will be needed. Additionally, the Control Z key combination may vary on different operating systems.

Are there any alternative methods to "Stop Input with Control Z: Java Loop"?

Yes, there are alternative methods for stopping user input in Java, such as using a specific character or keyword as a signal for the program to stop. However, "Stop Input with Control Z: Java Loop" is a commonly used and straightforward approach for terminating user input.