Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

JAVA for Macintosh

1. Nov 22, 2004 #1

Mk

I need JAVA's Macintosh runtime environment, I have Mac OS X 10.1.5, and need it ASAP today. Any comments are welcome.
    Thank you.

...I'm A straight A student, and working my ass off in JAVA and, I'm still getting a D... I need this now so I can work on it at home as well as overtime at school.
    Thank you.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2004
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 22, 2004 #2
    Try here.CLICK

I hope that helps. I didn't have time to fully explore the link, but I'll be sure to find one that I'm sure works later.

Edit: Especally look HERE and more specifically HERE.

Edit again: You can reach the second link (in the "Edit" line) by exploring the first.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2004
  4. Nov 22, 2004 #3

Mk

Thank's I already checked there, didn't find much, my OS is too low. I did download a JAVA Macintosh runtime environment, but I can't find it, or get it to work.

5. Nov 23, 2004 #4

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

6. Nov 23, 2004 #5

graphic7

Gold Member

If you're running < 10.1.5, you must download the Developer Tools off of Apple's website. I'm not sure Apple distributes it, anymore. > 10.1.5, Java should be integrated into OSX. Regardless, you should at least have the J2RE.

7. Nov 24, 2004 #6

Mk

Yes, It is, but as far as I know, there is only a demo of "JAVA Web Start," and an applet runner, in Mac OS Classic (OS 9 to OS 4).

8. Nov 24, 2004 #7

graphic7

Gold Member

In order to get a compiler, you have one of two choices. 1) Find the latest copy of the developer CD for OSX 10.1. 2) Upgrade to 10.3 or 10.2, where the developer tools are part of the release.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?