Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Java netbeans (Learning sites)

1. Jan 18, 2015 #1
    Are there any sites for learning Java netbeans?
    For beginners?

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 18, 2015 #2

Borg

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Here is a good Hello World tutorial for getting started with Netbeans.

4. Jan 18, 2015 #3
    Thanks, but is there any other site explaining procedural programming. This site is explaining object oriented programming involving classes, voids etc. Like for example I have to create a sum application of two numbers in netbeans.
    I go in the button source code, go beneath private void.
    Code:
    int a= Integer.parseInt(jTextField1.getText());
    int b=Integer.parseInt(jTextField2.getText());
    int c=a+b;
    jTextField3.setText(""+c);

Are there any sites explaining these type of codings in netbeans, this was a basic one.
    See for example this site , although it gives one code only
    http://www.thetrozone.com/cbse-class-12-ip-informatics-practices-java-project-practical-assignment-how-check-if-number [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2017
  5. Jan 18, 2015 #4

Borg

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Netbeans is an IDE (Internet Development Environment) where you write Java code. IDEs are designed to assist with writing your code and aren't a language that you learn. The link that I provided shows how to set it up so that you can create Java applications.
    Your example shows how to write the code for a button in a Java Swing application. It doesn't give the code for the rest of the application which appears to require payment. If you want to learn how to create a simple Java Swing application, I would suggest starting with the Java Swing tutorials.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2017
  6. Jan 18, 2015 #5
    Yeah thanks this is only what I wanted swing application.
    The site you have provided discusses only one code and explains all that controls.
    If you can give links showing variety of programs it would be helpful.

7. Jan 18, 2015 #6

Borg

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

8. Jan 18, 2015 #7
    I don't want details of swing components and different types of swing components.
    But some programs made out from it or code for a button in Java swing application.
    Like checking if a number is palindrome or making a simple calculator or rounding off the digits,
    Password checker, or finding the sum of digits of a number etc by inputting in a text field
    and getting result by clicking a button.

9. Jan 19, 2015 #8
    Sorry for asking so much help but can you give a last one link involving basic Swing programs and basic swing components like button,label,text field,text area.
    This is sure that I am wanting swing applications, thanks for interpreting it in 4th post.

10. Jan 19, 2015 #9

Borg

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

There are 19 Data Validation program examples in the link that I supplied. I don't know what more I can provide for you.

11. Jan 19, 2015 #10
    No problem. I think I am wanting some specific programs but for their code I would ask later in some another thread or figure out myself if I would have any query. It's better to practice then only reading.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook