Java netbeans (Learning sites)

Main Question or Discussion Point

Are there any sites for learning Java netbeans?
For beginners?

Answers and Replies

Borg
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Thanks, but is there any other site explaining procedural programming. This site is explaining object oriented programming involving classes, voids etc. Like for example I have to create a sum application of two numbers in netbeans.
I go in the button source code, go beneath private void.
Code:
int a= Integer.parseInt(jTextField1.getText());
int b=Integer.parseInt(jTextField2.getText());
int c=a+b;
jTextField3.setText(""+c);

Are there any sites explaining these type of codings in netbeans, this was a basic one.
See for example this site , although it gives one code only
http://www.thetrozone.com/cbse-class-12-ip-informatics-practices-java-project-practical-assignment-how-check-if-number [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Borg
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Netbeans is an IDE (Internet Development Environment) where you write Java code. IDEs are designed to assist with writing your code and aren't a language that you learn. The link that I provided shows how to set it up so that you can create Java applications.
See for example this site , although it gives one code only
http://www.thetrozone.com/cbse-class-12-ip-informatics-practices-java-project-practical-assignment-how-check-if-number [Broken]
Your example shows how to write the code for a button in a Java Swing application. It doesn't give the code for the rest of the application which appears to require payment. If you want to learn how to create a simple Java Swing application, I would suggest starting with the Java Swing tutorials.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah thanks this is only what I wanted swing application.
The site you have provided discusses only one code and explains all that controls.
If you can give links showing variety of programs it would be helpful.

Borg
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I don't want details of swing components and different types of swing components.
But some programs made out from it or code for a button in Java swing application.
Like checking if a number is palindrome or making a simple calculator or rounding off the digits,
Password checker, or finding the sum of digits of a number etc by inputting in a text field
and getting result by clicking a button.

Try this site with full Swing examples.
Sorry for asking so much help but can you give a last one link involving basic Swing programs and basic swing components like button,label,text field,text area.
This is sure that I am wanting swing applications, thanks for interpreting it in 4th post.

Borg
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Sorry for asking so much help but can you give a last one link involving basic Swing programs and basic swing components like button,label,text field,text area.
This is sure that I am wanting swing applications, thanks for interpreting it in 4th post.
There are 19 Data Validation program examples in the link that I supplied. I don't know what more I can provide for you.

There are 19 Data Validation program examples in the link that I supplied. I don't know what more I can provide for you.
No problem. I think I am wanting some specific programs but for their code I would ask later in some another thread or figure out myself if I would have any query. It's better to practice then only reading.