Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Java Polynomial Plotting

1. May 19, 2008 #1
    For my basic Java course we have been asked in a project to use a Polynomial class we created, which set up a given polynomial as degrees and coefficients, to then create another class called Polynomial Plotter.
    Basically if a person created a Polynomial object, the Polynomial Plotter would then be able to set this Polynomial object to be plotted.
    What I am stuck on is how to go about using this polynomial object in the Polynomial Plotter class, so that it can be plotted in some manner between a given domain.
    So far we have only really covered fairly simple stuff, but I think I would try to somehow incorporate the SimpleCanvas to draw lines between various x and y co-ords of the given domain by storing these points in an array of sorts, then using a simple loop to draw each line between successive x and y co-ords.
    Any suggestions or help would be appreciated, although to please keep it fairly simple as I'm only doing java for the first time.
    Thanks.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted