Solving Java Installation/Uninstallation Problems

• Java
  • Thread starter yungman
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Java
In summary, the conversation discusses the issue of installing and uninstalling Java, with the user experiencing problems with completing the uninstall and encountering an error message. They are seeking advice for alternative methods or software to remove the old Java program. The conversation also mentions a recurring problem with installing the new Java version and receiving an error message related to access being denied. The suggestion is made to try installing Java as an Administrator and to refer to a specific thread if the issue persists.
yungman
I have problem with installing and uninstalling Java. Some of my work cannot be completed without a working Java. I tried to uninstall Java(TM) 6 Update 37 , it gave me an error message:

Error 1723. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.

What can I do.

Technology news on Phys.org
You can try the tips in this article: http://www.java.com/en/download/help/error_1723.xml [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
SteamKing said:
You can try the tips in this article: http://www.java.com/en/download/help/error_1723.xml [Broken]

Thanks for the reply, the instruction is exactly what I tried already and it would not complete the uninstall. I tried clicking their "Java uninstall tool" and it doesn't seem to do anything.

Any other trusted software that can remove the old Java program?

Last edited by a moderator:
I managed to uninstall the old program. They need to install the new version before the Java uninstall program can work.

But now I have a new problem. This is a recurring problem that prompt me to uninstall the old version to start out. When I install the new Java, it downloaded, installed until towards the end, an error message comes up:

Installer: Wrapper.CreateFile failed with error 5:Access is denied.

What is this. I know the Jave really never work correctly on this computer.

What is Java and why is it important for my computer?

Java is a programming language and computing platform that is used to run a wide variety of applications on computers and other digital devices. It is important for your computer because many popular programs and websites, such as games and business applications, are built using Java. Without Java, you may not be able to use certain features or run specific programs.

How can I install Java on my computer?

To install Java on your computer, you can go to the official Java website and download the latest version of Java for your operating system. Follow the instructions provided by the installer to complete the installation process. It is important to note that you may need administrative privileges to install Java on your computer.

Why am I having trouble installing Java on my computer?

There are several reasons why you may encounter problems while installing Java on your computer. Some common issues include not having enough storage space on your computer, conflicting software or programs, or a corrupted installation file. It is also possible that your computer's security settings are preventing the installation of Java. If you are having trouble installing Java, you may need to troubleshoot these potential issues.

How can I uninstall Java from my computer?

To uninstall Java from your computer, you can go to the Control Panel and click on "Programs and Features" (or "Add or Remove Programs" depending on your operating system). Find Java in the list of installed programs and select it. Then, click on the "Uninstall" button and follow the prompts to complete the uninstallation process. It is important to note that you may need administrative privileges to uninstall Java from your computer.

What should I do if I encounter errors or issues during the Java installation or uninstallation process?

If you encounter errors or issues while installing or uninstalling Java, you can try the following steps:

• Check your computer's storage space to make sure you have enough room for the installation.
  • Temporarily disable any conflicting software or programs, such as antivirus or firewall, and try again.
  • Make sure you are using the correct version of Java for your operating system.
  • Download a fresh copy of the Java installer from the official website.
  • If you are still encountering errors or issues, you may need to seek further assistance from Java support or your computer's manufacturer.