Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Java problem.

1. Jul 8, 2013 #1
    I have problem with installing and uninstalling Java. Some of my work cannot be completed without a working Java. I tried to uninstall Java(TM) 6 Update 37 , it gave me an error message:

Error 1723. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.

What can I do.
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 8, 2013 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

You can try the tips in this article: http://www.java.com/en/download/help/error_1723.xml [Broken]
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  4. Jul 8, 2013 #3
    Thanks for the reply, the instruction is exactly what I tried already and it would not complete the uninstall. I tried clicking their "Java uninstall tool" and it doesn't seem to do anything.

Any other trusted software that can remove the old Java program?
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  5. Jul 8, 2013 #4
    I managed to uninstall the old program. They need to install the new version before the Java uninstall program can work.

But now I have a new problem. This is a recurring problem that prompt me to uninstall the old version to start out. When I install the new Java, it downloaded, installed until towards the end, an error message comes up:

Installer: Wrapper.CreateFile failed with error 5:Access is denied.

What is this. I know the Jave really never work correctly on this computer.
  6. Aug 10, 2013 #5

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2017 Award

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook