Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Java script to stop advertisment pop-ups

1. Jul 6, 2003 #1
    I want to build a website and signed up in a free web-hosting provider, Angelfire. Because it is free of charge, advertisment pop-ups can't be avoided. Is there any code which I can paste in my website so as to stop the pop-ups? (I don't mind if I need to paste the code in every page of my homepage) Or do you have any web hosting service to recommend which is free, good and without the pop-up problem?
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 8, 2003 #2
    any ideeas? I'm interested too....
  4. Jul 8, 2003 #3
    Don't know about popups but most the time you can wipe the page clean by putting all of your HTML code on layer, use a high z-order e.g.

<div id="main" style="position:absolute; width:100%; height:300px; z-index:999; left: 0px; top: 0px;">
    <table width="100%" height="100%">
    <td> My Content </td>

I use fortunecity.com
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2003
  5. Jul 8, 2003 #4
    It's easy,

pay'em $5.00 a month and you won't have any popups, you'll get more bandwidth plus you get FTP access and can hotlink your files. I highly reccomend Angelfire to any small website builder.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?