Jay Gray removed from the Golf Channel

• Thread starter mugaliens
  • Start date
http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/blog/devil_ball_golf/post/Jim-Gray-removed-from-Golf-Channel-coverage-af?urn=golf-323395" [Broken]! Did a 21st Century announcer just offend the 19th Century sensibilities of those who would prefer to remain firmly entrenched in the past? Or is Gray really becomming one of those folks who are "really are becoming a nuisance, and nobody wants to deal with those types of people," as per the referenced article.

Your comments, please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Addendum. I don't want to see him removed from golf - he's a legend. I don't want golf to follow the massive escapades afflicting the other sports, either. Tiger, you may have opened the door. Please SHUT the door. Tiger, Jay, and everyone with even the least modicum of integrity. If you don't know what that means, you have no business here, and neither I nor most others here or anywhere else in golf will listen to your blathering nonsense.

All sports deserve a "modicum of decorum." Sadly, sportscasters in recent years have mostly managed to whittle that down to pretty much nothing.

Way to go, American-style journalism. Nice going. As a former part-time, not very well paid journalist, I spit on you. We had more integrity in 1982, even as a college radio station effort, than the industry has today. We slashed several API wire "reportings" as unsuitable for our listeners, simply because those reports were blatently endimic of a world view totally contrary to that of our nation at the time.

At the time, however, we simply looked at one another and said, "this isn't right," and decided not to run it.

It was only later, as we learned why we decided what we did, and based on fairly massive subsequent information, that we fully understood the decisions we made. We made the right decisions, even as they involved just minutes of ripping content off the API wire. She was much better at it than I was. :)