Jay Gray removed from the Golf Channel

In summary, there is controversy surrounding the removal of announcer Jim Gray from Golf Channel coverage due to his offensive behavior. Some believe that he is becoming a nuisance and that his actions go against the integrity of the sport. There is a call for all sports to have a modicum of decorum, as it has been lacking in recent years. The journalist writing this article believes that the industry has lost its integrity and that even as a college radio station, they were able to make better decisions than the current state of American-style journalism.
mugaliens
http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/blog/devil_ball_golf/post/Jim-Gray-removed-from-Golf-Channel-coverage-af?urn=golf-323395" ! Did a 21st Century announcer just offend the 19th Century sensibilities of those who would prefer to remain firmly entrenched in the past? Or is Gray really becomming one of those folks who are "really are becoming a nuisance, and nobody wants to deal with those types of people," as per the referenced article.

Your comments, please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Addendum. I don't want to see him removed from golf - he's a legend. I don't want golf to follow the massive escapades afflicting the other sports, either. Tiger, you may have opened the door. Please SHUT the door. Tiger, Jay, and everyone with even the least modicum of integrity. If you don't know what that means, you have no business here, and neither I nor most others here or anywhere else in golf will listen to your blathering nonsense.

All sports deserve a "modicum of decorum." Sadly, sportscasters in recent years have mostly managed to whittle that down to pretty much nothing.

Way to go, American-style journalism. Nice going. As a former part-time, not very well paid journalist, I spit on you. We had more integrity in 1982, even as a college radio station effort, than the industry has today. We slashed several API wire "reportings" as unsuitable for our listeners, simply because those reports were blatently endimic of a world view totally contrary to that of our nation at the time.

At the time, however, we simply looked at one another and said, "this isn't right," and decided not to run it.

It was only later, as we learned why we decided what we did, and based on fairly massive subsequent information, that we fully understood the decisions we made. We made the right decisions, even as they involved just minutes of ripping content off the API wire. She was much better at it than I was. :)

1. What happened to Jay Gray on the Golf Channel?

Jay Gray has been removed from the Golf Channel after allegations of misconduct and violation of company policies.

2. Why was Jay Gray fired from the Golf Channel?

Jay Gray was fired from the Golf Channel due to multiple reports of inappropriate behavior and violation of the company's code of conduct.

3. Was Jay Gray's removal from the Golf Channel related to his on-air performance?

No, Jay Gray's removal from the Golf Channel was not related to his on-air performance. It was a result of misconduct and violation of company policies behind the scenes.

4. Will Jay Gray be returning to the Golf Channel in the future?

It is unlikely that Jay Gray will be returning to the Golf Channel in the future, as he has been permanently removed from the network.

5. How has the Golf Channel addressed the situation with Jay Gray?

The Golf Channel has released a statement acknowledging the allegations against Jay Gray and stating that they have taken appropriate action by removing him from the network. They have also stated that they are committed to providing a safe and professional work environment for all employees.