Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Jeff Rense Website

1. Dec 30, 2004 #1
    I have been going to the Jeff rense Website for a couple years and it is sometimes Very difficult to believe what the authors are publishing on the website www.rense.com, I find alot of the articles to be biased to one direction or another...

What do you guys think; from an objective view point???

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 30, 2004 #2
    How's that?

4. Dec 30, 2004 #3

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

IMHO, you have to watch places like Rense and CoasttoCoast very closely. Not everything they report is bogus but a lot of it is; or at least it is seriously hyped. I certainly check in with these sites from time to time, and I check the CtoC news links daily, but never to be trusted without a good primary or seconday source. For example, if you see a link to a Nature article, as does happen, the source is clearly reliable. If the link is Pravda, which often happens, forget about it. If the source is some general AP release, do your homework and find a better source, if you really want to know. As with all news and claims, you need to check the source.

5. Dec 30, 2004 #4
    Hi,

I have only been to the site a few times, but it appeared to me that there was more than just a hint of fascism and naziism in some of the posts.

juju

6. Dec 30, 2004 #5
    Hi juju,

I was just wondering how did you get that impression? I found that they were constantly warning us of a fascist dictaorship, rather then promoting it???

7. Dec 31, 2004 #6
    Hi, Derek,

It was just the impression I got from a couple of the posts. I am not saying the entire site is of that nature, but you wonder when they include such posts. Like I slaid, I have only been to the site a few times, so maybe this was an anomaly.

juju

8. Dec 31, 2004 #7
    i just checked out rense.com and it does seem to deluge you with information. i guess it's fun if you've got a few hours for navigating it, lol. a website with an interface less daunting could be www.davidicke.com , supposedly the most often visited conspiracy theorists website today ;p. You might want to start at Welcome Visitor at the upper left or look at the library sections with their many articles. Do whatever you fancy, read or don't read just don't give me a headache by trying to insult me or talk vague and think it matters. please.

Isn't the above paragraph just so useful?

If you think Rense is filled with biased articles, please objectively show me where there exists an error in one article of theirs.

My objective point of view: Some people explore and learn and have evidence before making conclusions. Some people watch three sentences on a Coca-Cola commercial and think that is all they need to decide if Coke is good or if Coke is bad. Menace and presumption is not the answer.

Wee!

Happy new year

9. Dec 31, 2004 #8

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You have got to be kidding!

10. Jan 1, 2005 #9

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

• By now many Americans realize that 911 was an "inside job" to steal the trillions of dollars of OIL in the Caspian Sea near Afghanistan and the OIL in Iraq, and make billions of dollars for the war industrial complex.
    • There will unfortunately possibly be another "major mass casualty producing event" in America brought to you by the same gang of thieves and killers who brought you 911>>>the Illuminati aided by the "BUSH GANG". This will be blamed for the collapse of the US and world economies. Someone that is made up to "look like" Ossama bin Laden has already stated on video tape that he will "bankrupt America".

That sounds pretty inaccurate. The "Illuminati" are responsible for 9/11, perpetrating it so that they can plunder oil supplies in Afghanistan and Iraq, and making up some fictional person they've named Osama bin Laden to take the fall? And of course, after plundering all of the oil, they will purposely collapse the world economy, which would of course include all of the companies that would then own the oil they worked so hard to finagle away from its rightful owners. Does that even make sense? Does it even make a difference to these people if they make sense or not?

11. Jan 1, 2005 #10
    You have to understand the role of banks first. They create money out of nothing, charge interest, and call in tangible money. When someone works for a ben franklin that suddenly becomes worth a george washington, it is because they have been earning illusory money and now they suicide while people with the real value goods become richer and richer. I don't think I need to explain how tax is killing the U.S. And the end result: 2 bucks for a gallon of oil becomes 200 bucks per.

I think they make perfect sense. Want to marry me?

12. Jan 2, 2005 #11

Chronos

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2015 Award

Hmm, sounds like homework to me.

13. Jan 2, 2005 #12
    It's not meaningless like busywork homework. Or you mean something else? hehe i saw a poll for something homework.

Come on, imagine the joy you'll find when you prove me wrong and my reality comes crashing down. I won't be a derelict! Tell me some insults, and I'll take to heart what you have gotta say. I'll even go searching for disparities in what's in david icke's site!

14. Jan 2, 2005 #13

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hey Esperanto, sorry but your comment really surprised me.

Okay, lets take a look at this popular claim found on the Rense web site.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/articles/CHO409F.html

Okay Esperanto, since it's not possible to prove a negative, your challenge is to find proof of this claim. Of course you won't, which leaves us at the crossroads that makes these sites untrustworthy. By claiming conspiracies one can claim nearly anything with the same paradox as the result. Granted, weather control will likely come one day but this is taken far beyond reason. By orders of magnitude, there is not enough power in the HAARP system to do what this claims; not even close.

15. Jan 2, 2005 #14
    From http://www.emagazine.com/view/?8

Also

Yes, big numbers! Tickles you pink, doesn't it?

Like that dialogue from Team America

Kim Jung Ill: It will be 9/11 times 2,356.
    Christ: My god, that's... I don't even know what that is!.

The topic of HAARP is important to many people because it is connected to something that really ticks us off. And the idea of manipulating the weather for sociopathic purposes has been around at least since early 20th Century. What do you think can happen in a hundred years? I think that's sufficient time for interesting things beyond what we think are rational, like tech breakthroughs, eh? Meteorologists are bewildered by what's going on with the weather. Look at the sky sometime, and look through old pictures before 1998. One thing you should look for is a real cloud. They hardly exist as they did a decade ago.

So instead, you get these!!!

http://www.rense.com/1.imagesA/plane2.jpg

http://www.samliquidation.com/CHEMTRAIL-BEST.jpg

Hurray! Anyway, I agree that Everything can be right, you just have to look at things the wrong way. We can accuse each other of being lazy and stupid, but the only thing that matters is that our governments are run by sociopaths.

This is pretty much why the people running those websites painstakingly collect evidence and present them to you

http://www.muchosucko.com/viewlink5967.html

Last edited: Jan 2, 2005
  16. Jan 2, 2005 #15

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

All highly speculative, unreliable, and no good science to be found. Find me a real source like the journals Nature, Science, or even an article in Scientific American that supports any of these claims. And I don't mean proof that some RADAR uses one million watts, I mean that this has some effect on the weather, or whatever nonsense they are claiming here.

17. Jan 2, 2005 #16

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Note that I'm not completely trashing these sites. I think they provide useful and unusual information. What I am saying is that you need other credible sources before you accept anything found in the fringe. There is a difference between the credible fringe, and nonsense that charlatans pedal to the naive or uniformed. To be fair though, it's not always easy to tell the difference. One can't be an expert at everything, or even many things. If you're not an expert, it becomes difficult to tell who is. Heck, look at the Art Bell show, on Coast to Coast AM; the guest could be Sylvia Brown or Michio Kaku!

18. Jan 2, 2005 #17
    from http://educate-yourself.org/ct/ctpeanutbutterbariumsandwiches17apr02.shtml

Please read this entire article, too. Honestly, I don't see why you aren't bringing up the links to the two pictures I put in my last post. And what Begich says, just because it has not been expounded beyond a few sentences, does NOT necessarily mean it is total bs. I think it deserves further inquiry by us.

There is a remarkable difference between charlatans and people who are sincerely pedalling information to benefit others. Charlatans want to control you. Major news channels want to contorl you. Bush wants you ta think war equals peace.

Read this on haarp weather modification never-ending speculation: http://educate-yourself.org/cn/aug14blackoutandhaarp06sep03.shtml

Thanks! Let's pat each other on the backs. And good night.

19. Jan 2, 2005 #18
    Sorry to butt in but I have been listening to jeff rense for ages and have come to the conclusion the guy is a bit of a fascist. But that is not what the show is about. Hardly ever visit the website though.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2005
  20. Jan 3, 2005 #19

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Esperanto, you asked for a review of a story from Rense and I gave one to consider; HAARP. You are now jumping all over the board with every conspiracy theory going. There may be some truth in some stories, but certainly not everything you read on the net. Your sources are terrible.

Try something like this instead. :biggrin:
    http://www.haarp.alaska.edu/

21. Jan 3, 2005 #20
    I think I was still talking about climate modification.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?