Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Jerry Falwell found unconscious

1. May 15, 2007 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070515/NEWS07/70515037/0/BUSINESS01

CNN International is reporting that he is being given CPR right now, so it doesn't look good for Falwell.

2. jcsd
  3. May 15, 2007 #2
    According to the link he is now dead.

4. May 17, 2007 #3

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Not quite the event as if Mr. Phelps had passed, but close enough.

5. May 17, 2007 #4
    Rest in peace Jerry.
    I wish his family strength.

6. May 17, 2007 #5

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I don't know if it's just a rumor or the truth, but I heard Phelps was going to protest Falwell's funeral. It's a bizarre world we live in.

7. May 17, 2007 #6
    Awww, someone got rid fo my best wishes to Mr. Falwell. :devil: :devil: :devil:

8. May 17, 2007 #7
    While I have a small list of complaints that I could have lodged against Falwell (none against his religious beliefs, but many against his political views), it is unfortunate to see him go.

Not entirely (at least not for this reason). Fred Phelps isn't remotely similar to either evangelical Christians, or the fundamentalist Christians who form a subset of said group. For example, they protest soldiers' funerals, whereas most fundamentalists would be all for the Iraq war. They've even protested a Billy Graham event, despite that Graham is a favorite among Christians of all varieties. So if Phelps protested Jerry Falwell's funeral, that would at least be consistent.

9. May 18, 2007 #8

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

The Westboro Baptist Church has publicly declared on their website to picket Falwell's funeral.

10. May 18, 2007 #9
    I pay my traditional respects and give my condolences to his family. One less blind intolerant fundamentalist trying to distort science. I am not particularly found of those people.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?