Jesus Christ faces battle at the DMV

• Thread starter Jason
  • Start date
In summary, the Associated Press reported on a man, born as Peter Robert Phillips Jr., who legally changed his name to Jesus Christ and is now facing difficulties in obtaining a driver's license in West Virginia. Despite having a U.S. passport, Social Security card, and Washington driver's license bearing the name Jesus Christ, he still falls short of West Virginia's requirements due to his birth certificate still showing his original name. His lawyer claims this all started with the man expressing his faith and love for Jesus Christ, and now he needs to document it for legal reasons. The West Virginia Division of Motor Vehicles states that he will be treated no differently than anyone else, and any comment from the man himself was not mentioned in the article.
Jason
Associated Press

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - Page updated at 12:00 a.m.

Jesus Christ faces battle at the DMV

By Erik Schelzig

The Associated Press

CHARLESTON, W.Va. — Even Jesus Christ can't circumvent the rules for getting a driver's license in West Virginia.

Attempts to prove his name really is Christ have led the man born as Peter Robert Phillips Jr. through a lengthy legal battle and a recent victory in the District of Columbia Court of Appeals.

"This all started with him expressing his faith and his respect and love for Jesus Christ," attorney A.P. Pishevar said. "Now he needs to document it for legal reasons."

Described by his attorney as a white-haired businessman in his mid-50s, Christ is moving to West Virginia to enjoy a slower lifestyle. He bought property near Lost River, about 100 miles west of Washington, and has a U.S. passport, Social Security card and Washington driver's license bearing the name Jesus Christ.

But he still falls short of West Virginia title- and license-transfer requirements because his Florida birth certificate has his original name on it and he has been unable to obtain an official name change in Washington because, Superior Court Judge Tim Murphy said, "Taking the name of Jesus Christ may provoke a violent reaction or may significantly offend people."

"We just need official documentation that that's his name," said Doug Stump, commissioner of the West Virginia Division of Motor Vehicles. "He will be treated no different than anybody else."

Any comment from the man in the middle of this legal tussle?

more...

Physics news on Phys.org
There you go - judicial activists are persecuting the messiah and denying him government documentation. What is this country coming to?

Originally posted by franznietzsche
Sure she's hot, but what does that have to do with the persecution of the savior?
Ya think that quote is, quite possibly, my signature? Oh, I don't know, I see other people putting quotes and/or links at the bottom of their posts, and I think, "Oh! That's their signature!" But nooooooo, not you! Somehow you saw past all of that and instantly thought MY signature had something to do with the thread! Yeesh!

"todo lo que se mueva es calne y la calne es placer"

I can't believe God decided to move to West Virginia. Well, I guess they do call it West-By-God-Virginia. At least they did last time I was there.

I want to nominate Jason for a 'Best Signature' award.

Why doesn't he just ask God to destroy the DMV and the city in retaliation for disobeying the Son of God's word?

Maybe his lawyer should show this to that judge...

ZabaSearch said:
JESUS CHRIST 1944 1809 BRONSON AVE LOS ANGELES CA (323) 467-2571 Background Check ZabaSearch JESUS CHRIST
JESUS CHRIST (323) 467-2571 Background Check ZabaSearch JESUS CHRIST
JESUS CHRIST Jul 1941 1322 EUCLID ST SANTA MONICA CA (310) 458-9440 Background Check ZabaSearch JESUS CHRIST
JESUS CHRIST 1941 1328 EUCLID ST SANTA MONICA CA (310) 458-9440 Background Check ZabaSearch JESUS CHRIST
JESUS CHRIST Jul 1941 681 ERIE ST DENVER CO Background Check ZabaSearch JESUS CHRIST
JESUS CHRIST 1415 NORTH CAROLINA AVE NE WASHINGTON DC (202) 543-9498 Background Check ZabaSearch JESUS CHRIST
JESUS CHRIST (202) 543-9498 Background Check ZabaSearch JESUS CHRIST
JESUS CHRIST 1510 114TH ST MIAMI FL (305) 754-8122 Background Check ZabaSearch JESUS CHRIST
JESUS CHRIST (301) 579-9046 Background Check ZabaSearch JESUS CHRIST
JESUS CHRIST 8601 CHARLOTTE ST KANSAS CITY MO Background Check ZabaSearch JESUS CHRIST
JESUS CHRIST 2200 SIGMON DAIRY RD NEWTON NC Background Check ZabaSearch JESUS CHRIST
JESUS CHRIST 170 HIGHLAND AVE NYACK NY Background Check ZabaSearch JESUS CHRIST
JESUS CHRIST 411 OHIO ST FAIRBORN OH Background Check ZabaSearch JESUS CHRIST
JESUS CHRIST 111 CRESTLAND DR NORMAN OK (405) 307-9861 Background Check ZabaSearch JESUS CHRIST
JESUS CHRIST 6605 VERONA RD VERONA PA (412) 793-6568 Background Check ZabaSearch JESUS CHRIST
JESUS CHRIST 7601 CHURCHILL WAY DALLAS TX (972) 991-1493 Background Check ZabaSearch JESUS CHRIST
JESUS CHRIST 7220 ALDERSON ST HOUSTON TX Background Check ZabaSearch JESUS CHRIST
JESUS CHRIST (304) 897-7727 Background Check ZabaSearch JESUS CHRIST
JESUS A CHRIST 19 HARBORVIEW CT BLUE HILL ME (207) 374-2175 Background Check ZabaSearch JESUS A CHRIST
JESUS A CHRIST (207) 374-2175 Background Check ZabaSearch JESUS A CHRIST
JESUS A CHRIST 1935 16 HANCOCK ST ELLSWORTH ME (207) 667-5554 Background Check ZabaSearch JESUS A CHRIST
JESUS H CHRIST Sep 1951 4520 62ND AVE MIAMI FL Background Check ZabaSearch JESUS H CHRIST
JESUS H CHRIST 2103 BARNETT DR CEDAR PARK TX Background Check ZabaSearch JESUS H CHRIST

TheStatutoryApe said:
Maybe his lawyer should show this to that judge...
GOOD LORD! God is everywhere!

Math Is Hard said:

:rofl: You can use my spare bedroom when that lightning bolt hits your apartment. :rofl:

I do have to admit, if I worked someplace like a DMV and someone came in saying their name was Jesus Christ, I'd ask for an extra form of ID as well; unless it was a first and middle name and they had another last name. Then I'd just assume they had mean parents.

Math Is Hard said:

Its the 2nd coming! and 3rd! and 4th! and ... omg the Bible was waaaay off!

There are even two Jesus H. Christs in there. :-)

Jason said:
Ya think that quote is, quite possibly, my signature? Oh, I don't know, I see other people putting quotes and/or links at the bottom of their posts, and I think, "Oh! That's their signature!" But nooooooo, not you! Somehow you saw past all of that and instantly thought MY signature had something to do with the thread! Yeesh!

"todo lo que se mueva es calne y la calne es placer"

Sure that chick is still hot, but what does that have to do with people not understanding your signature?

What does the 'H' stand for? I've never seen it.

LeBrad said:
Sure that chick is still hot, but what does that have to do with people not understanding your signature?

It would be much clearer if he put a line in front of it, like signatures are supposed to be. like this:

-----------------------------------
Signature Under line.

See? Clarity is good. MMM, clarity.

1. Who is Jesus Christ?

Jesus Christ is a central figure in Christianity and is believed by Christians to be the Son of God and the savior of humanity.

2. Why is Jesus Christ facing a battle at the DMV?

This is a hypothetical scenario and not based on any actual events. It is meant to highlight the challenges and struggles that people, including Jesus Christ, may face in their daily lives.

3. What does the DMV represent in this scenario?

In this scenario, the DMV represents a bureaucratic and frustrating system that can be difficult to navigate and may cause stress and frustration for individuals.

4. How does this scenario relate to Jesus Christ's teachings?

This scenario highlights the idea that even someone as revered and powerful as Jesus Christ can face challenges and struggles in their life, just like any other human being. It also emphasizes the importance of patience, resilience, and perseverance in the face of adversity.

5. What can we learn from this scenario?

This scenario serves as a reminder that no one is immune to the difficulties of navigating through life, and it is important to approach challenges with patience, understanding, and humility. It also highlights the enduring message of hope and salvation that is central to Jesus Christ's teachings.