Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Jesus hit by lightning

1. Oct 24, 2003 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

http://www.ananova.com/entertainment/story/sm_831648.html

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 24, 2003 #2
    That's weird! Why have I not heard of this on the news? On a lighter note I think it is funny that the Jewish leaders think that the film might suggest the the Jews were responsible for the death of Christ. Gee, ya think!? Pontius Pilot technically didn't make the decision, he left it up to a mob of Jews, and THEY decided THEY wanted to save the other guy (Barnabas was it?).

4. Oct 24, 2003 #3

Njorl

Science Advisor

Actually, it was the director of the second unit. Other sources are not reporting that the actor was hit at all. I believe this source is just sensationalizing.

Njorl

Last edited: Oct 24, 2003
  5. Oct 24, 2003 #4
    ha! media hype...

6. Oct 24, 2003 #5
    Man, I thought you were telling me the real Jesus was struck by lightning on his third coming. (there was a second coming of Christ, but he was tragically killed in a boating accident.)

7. Oct 24, 2003 #6
    LOL!!!

I have tears in my eyes, that was hilarious!

8. Oct 24, 2003 #7
    Another strange coincidence is that I have heard that many actors who play Christ die young.

I can't find any evidence of this however. Has anyone else heard this?

9. Oct 24, 2003 #8

Njorl

Science Advisor

Well, Max von Sydow lived to a ripe old age. Maybe he dodged the bullet by playing Satan too.

Njorl

10. Oct 24, 2003 #9

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Do you remember all of the hype when The Exorcist was made? 200 Lb. lights fell from rafters, movie sets burst into flames.... I think someone did actually die during the filming.

In this case, I like the third coming hypothesis.

11. Oct 24, 2003 #10

Njorl

Science Advisor

Max von Sydow was in The Exorcist too! Wow, he was an exorcist, Jesus, Satan, and also, I believe he was a crusader who played chess with Death. Now all we need is "Buddha", starring Max von Sydow, and he will have pretty much run the gamut.

Njorl

12. Oct 25, 2003 #11
    Don't forget him being in heaven in "What Dreams May Come".

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?