Jesus hit by lightning

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
7,093
174
Lightning strikes Jesus on Gibson's Christ film set

The actor who plays Jesus in Mel Gibson's film The Passion of Christ has escaped injury after being struck by lightning during filming.
http://www.ananova.com/entertainment/story/sm_831648.html [Broken]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
354
0
That's weird! Why have I not heard of this on the news? On a lighter note I think it is funny that the Jewish leaders think that the film might suggest the the Jews were responsible for the death of Christ. Gee, ya think!? Pontius Pilot technically didn't make the decision, he left it up to a mob of Jews, and THEY decided THEY wanted to save the other guy (Barnabas was it?).
 

Njorl

Science Advisor
245
10
Actually, it was the director of the second unit. Other sources are not reporting that the actor was hit at all. I believe this source is just sensationalizing.

Njorl
 
Last edited:

magick323

ha! media hype...
 
Man, I thought you were telling me the real Jesus was struck by lightning on his third coming. (there was a second coming of Christ, but he was tragically killed in a boating accident.)
 
3,754
2
Originally posted by Chemicalsuperfreak
Man, I thought you were telling me the real Jesus was struck by lightning on his third coming. (there was a second coming of Christ, but he was tragically killed in a boating accident.)
LOL!!!

I have tears in my eyes, that was hilarious!
 
1,488
20
Another strange coincidence is that I have heard that many actors who play Christ die young.

I can't find any evidence of this however. Has anyone else heard this?
 

Njorl

Science Advisor
245
10
Well, Max von Sydow lived to a ripe old age. Maybe he dodged the bullet by playing Satan too.

Njorl
 

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
7,093
174
Originally posted by Njorl
Actually, it was the director of the second unit. Other sources are not reporting that the actor was hit at all. I believe this source is just sensationalizing.

Njorl
Do you remember all of the hype when The Exorcist was made? 200 Lb. lights fell from rafters, movie sets burst into flames.... I think someone did actually die during the filming.

In this case, I like the third coming hypothesis.
 

Njorl

Science Advisor
245
10
Max von Sydow was in The Exorcist too! Wow, he was an exorcist, Jesus, Satan, and also, I believe he was a crusader who played chess with Death. Now all we need is "Buddha", starring Max von Sydow, and he will have pretty much run the gamut.

Njorl
 
203
0
Originally posted by Njorl
Max von Sydow was in The Exorcist too! Wow, he was an exorcist, Jesus, Satan, and also, I believe he was a crusader who played chess with Death. Now all we need is "Buddha", starring Max von Sydow, and he will have pretty much run the gamut.
Don't forget him being in heaven in "What Dreams May Come".
 

Related Threads for: Jesus hit by lightning

  • Posted
Replies
22
Views
4K
  • Posted
Replies
9
Views
3K
  • Posted
Replies
8
Views
4K
  • Posted
2 3 4
Replies
80
Views
10K
  • Posted
Replies
4
Views
3K
  • Posted
2
Replies
37
Views
9K
  • Posted
2 3 4
Replies
81
Views
8K
  • Posted
Replies
3
Views
1K

Physics Forums Values

We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling
We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating
We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving

Hot Threads

Top