Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Jesus is the way

1. Aug 30, 2003 #1
    I would love to hear how Islam is so much better.
    It seems their message is backed up by the bomb
    more than the Koran. Don't think so; go to www.bbcnews.com middle east. They even kill their own people. They don't stand a chance pitting their pitifull ideology against christianity!

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 30, 2003 #2
    I think you can save it for your Christian friends...even an atheist like me can see that Islam is no more or less 'pitifull'(sic) than any other religion.

Be nice...Muslims are your friends!!

4. Aug 30, 2003 #3
    What's your take on all the other non Christian types?

5. Aug 30, 2003 #4
    What, like in a rugby match? Or do they play double-elimination air hockey to see which faith reigns supreme?

6. Aug 30, 2003 #5
    in dead body count christians are in the lead by a wide margin

rwanda alone christians have killed more of their fellow christians[sides were catholic vs protestan] in the mid 1990s to date then all moslems killed by moslems in the 20th century and thats just in one small region in a short time

history shows christians lead in body counts by about 10 to 1 for all other religions and about a billion total killed
    and still counting

but all religions are evil and will kill others
    christian are just better at it and have been at it longer

christians not only lead in killing other christians but also in killing jews, 6 million by one christian nation, but also atheists 20-30 million killed in WW2 by the same christian nation Germany!!

7. Aug 30, 2003 #6

FZ+

Christian:

Go back to all your arguments favouring Christianity over Islam.

Replace Islam with Christianity and vice versa.
    Replace Christ with Muhammad and vice versa.

Finito.

8. Aug 30, 2003 #7
    What, no Zeus?

9. Sep 1, 2003 #8
    We do not need religions as human beings. Religion was made up to help the political movements of leaders. Plus, it is very possible that the Roman Catholic changed the 'real bible' for it's own purposes. Jesus could well be made up. People still don't realize it that religion is a political movement. Before having faith on some supernatural being, why not have faith and love on your fellow human beings? !!THATS A GOOD START!! Oh and about people killing others of their same religion, they just dont do it, some political movement organization is most likely behind it ie: CIA. Religion is a PSYOP(Psychological Operation) that is conducted all around the world. We CANT proove there is a god up there, but we CAN proove we can love and be peaceful with each other as humans not Jews or Muslims, Hindus or Buddhists, Christians or Catholics...

10. Sep 1, 2003 #9
    Let's be fair, folks...this is teh Religion forum, and someone wants to come here and say 'Jesus is MY way' or 'Jesus is A way', you should sort of let t6hem run with it.

11. Sep 1, 2003 #10
    I agree. That's why I wanted to find out what christian thinks about everyone else.

Hello, christian, are you out there?

[edit]
    might be a one-post wonder we have here.

12. Sep 1, 2003 #11
    Christian, if I were you, I'd think twice before arguing with everyone here.

13. Sep 1, 2003 #12
    Yeah, take it from me, they are a bunch of meansters!

14. Sep 1, 2003 #13
    Hey, christian, do you consider yourself a bigot? Just curious.

15. Sep 1, 2003 #14
    Islam is knowledge.
    Islam is inspiration.
    Islam is insight.

Do you know that religion of Jesus (Isa)Peace be with him is Islam (pure Monotheism). Please give me one evidence from ur book, who Isa (pbwh)says 'I am God' or 'worshiping me'.

As to Atheism,
    Before 200 years from now, alll people on the earth were monotheist.
    we all know who innovated law of atheism ( there's no god in the universe and the life is material) before 200 years.

Abdullah

16. Sep 2, 2003 #15
    Christians and Muslims are equally stupid, but Muslims are typically uglier. However, on more than one occasion, I have been pleasantly surprised after pulling up the veil to steal a little piece of the wedding cake... before the bridegroom gets any.

Could I be any less subtle?!!

eNtRopY

17. Sep 2, 2003 #16

FZ+

Lol... here we go...

Translation? The does seem to make much sense to me. 2000 years ago, which is before 200 years from now, all the people on the earth were polytheist. Are you talking about the past or the future?

And isn't the "law of atheism" a bit of an oxymoron?

18. Sep 2, 2003 #17
    I'd believe a religion based on the idea that the other guy is right...as it stands now, almost every religion says 'I am right, you are damned'.

19. Sep 2, 2003 #18

Hmm...so I assuming according to your taste, you would consider the following people to be muslim:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Sep 2, 2003 #19
    There is different between Polytheist and Athiest. in Islam, we consider athiest like polytheist.but Athiesm came to exist 200 years ago. in Islam, one who know the true and disbelieve it is a disbeliever.

Polytheism, i.e., worship of others along with Allah (the lord of Abraham Peace be with him). It also implies attributing Divine attributes to any other besides Allah. It particularly implies associating partners in worship with Allah or believing that the source of power, harm or blessings is from others besides Allah (the lord of Aaron and Mosese). That is Why Allah sent Prophets and Messengers.

21. Sep 2, 2003 #20
    Difference between polytheism and atheism. I hope so, one believes in more than one god, the other lacks a belief in god or gods.

Atheism came to exist 200 years ago??? There have been atheists, as practicing Buddhists, for at least 2500 years. Perhaps you should think about this a little before putting it into print.

If one knows the truth then they cannot disbelieve (assuming you're defining disbelief as 'not accepting as true') - think about it, this is a contradition in definitions. If you mean someone that has been presented with scripture/preaching/etc. and rejects it, that is different. If that's what you meant, please work on your clarity.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?