Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Jet Engine

1. Jul 11, 2005 #1
    Has anyone here ever built a small Jet engine?
    Just generally interested in how you did it
    and from what parts
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 11, 2005 #2

Science Advisor

I work with them almost every day. What exactly are you looking for?

The home built models are usually external can burners based on turbochargers. If you do a google search for homebuilt jets you'll find quite a few web pages dedicated to the topic.
  4. Jul 11, 2005 #3
    My dad and uncle used to build ram jet engines for free flight and u-control models (ahh the 50's and 60's when you could get stuff alot easier). I remember them mentioning something called a dynajet engine (???) for freeflight, u-control and older R/C aricraft? I'm not sure whether googling that will help in the info search though.
  5. Jul 11, 2005 #4
    i am looking into more of a Shreckling jet engine
    as a simpler and smaller beginner project possibly
  6. Jan 16, 2007 #5
    I am searching for some info on the Treco TG-301-1 jet engine, it was featured in the Feb. 1956 Popular Science magazine, and was a "School Project" engine for machining schools and A & P schools. I found a blurry set of plans on ebay, but was wondering if anyone knew of one, or for it's suitability as an ultralite/experimental power plant.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?