1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Jet Engine

1. Jul 11, 2005 #1
    Has anyone here ever built a small Jet engine?
    Just generally interested in how you did it
    and from what parts
    thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 11, 2005 #2

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

I work with them almost every day. What exactly are you looking for?

The home built models are usually external can burners based on turbochargers. If you do a google search for homebuilt jets you'll find quite a few web pages dedicated to the topic.

4. Jul 11, 2005 #3
    My dad and uncle used to build ram jet engines for free flight and u-control models (ahh the 50's and 60's when you could get stuff alot easier). I remember them mentioning something called a dynajet engine (???) for freeflight, u-control and older R/C aricraft? I'm not sure whether googling that will help in the info search though.

5. Jul 11, 2005 #4
    i am looking into more of a Shreckling jet engine
    as a simpler and smaller beginner project possibly

6. Jan 16, 2007 #5
    I am searching for some info on the Treco TG-301-1 jet engine, it was featured in the Feb. 1956 Popular Science magazine, and was a "School Project" engine for machining schools and A & P schools. I found a blurry set of plans on ebay, but was wondering if anyone knew of one, or for it's suitability as an ultralite/experimental power plant.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?