Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Jet-propelled hang-glider

1. May 17, 2008 #1
    Did you guys see this?

That must be good :biggrin:

EDIT: Forgot I still can't post links...so, if you want to see a guy throw himself out of a plane with a rocket-type hang-glider strapped to his back, then go to bbc.co.uk and search for "Rocketman" in the BBC Audio and Video section for a short clip.

2. jcsd
  3. May 17, 2008 #2

Science Advisor

Jet man has been around for a bit. There was a thread started about him in the GD area a while back. It is pretty friggin' cool.
  4. May 17, 2008 #3
    Oh, didn't know, sorry.

Only discovered PF two days ago and I'm still sifting through the mass of information here :biggrin:

I've never really taken to the idea of sky-diving, but this would definitely be right up my alley :smile:

Any other interesting rocketman links you might have?
  5. May 17, 2008 #4

Gold Member

Steady on, lad... you're almost there. :wink:
  6. May 17, 2008 #5
    Aye! That I am...

MINUSONEMORE!!! :biggrin:
  7. May 17, 2008 #6

Gold Member

8. May 17, 2008 #7

Staff: Mentor

- was shown in GD
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  9. May 17, 2008 #8
    Thanks Astronuc! I can't stop imagining what that must feel like :biggrin:
  10. May 17, 2008 #9

Gold Member

Man, but that would be glorious! Given my luck, though, I'd end up with the exhaust nozzles misaligned and burn my ass off.
  11. May 17, 2008 #10

Thanks Danger, I knew you'd be the key to me reaching 15 posts!!!

Which means you guys must quickly head over to "General Engineering" where I'm going to start a new thread and then I must get off the internet because, unfortunately where I live, unlimited internet access doesn't exist and since discovering PF I'm going through this months' bandwidth allocation as if it's going out of fashion :smile:
  12. May 17, 2008 #11

Gold Member

I don't have a lot of usefulness in life, but can usually be relied upon to build up a post count. :biggrin:
    As to your internet accessibility, we're pretty patient around here. It's not like we're going to forget you if you don't show up for a couple of weeks.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?