1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

JFET Amplifier

1. Feb 17, 2012 #1
    I need help on how to cascade two or three Jfet transistor and the calculation of the values to have a good amount of gain. The cascade also should help in providing good linearity, have less distortion and should stable good stability.Thanks, good help will really be appreciated by me.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 17, 2012 #2
    i mean should have good stability

4. Feb 17, 2012 #3

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF.

What kind of cascading did you have in mind? What are the specs for your overall amplifier? What voltage power supplies do you have available? What is the impedance and characteristics of your signal source, and what is the impedance and character of the load that will be driven by this amplifier.

Some of the terms you are using (stability, linearity, etc.) imply using negative feedback. Is that part of what you are wanting to do?

Can you post some examples of multi-staje JFET amps that are similar to what you are wanting to do?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook