Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

News Jihad Jane - The new terrorist front

1. Mar 11, 2010 #1
    Keep your eyes open. Never know who might be a terrorist these days:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/csm/20100310/ts_csm/286499 [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 11, 2010 #2

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

What's really surprising is that her boyfriend had no idea what she was planning...apparently didn't even know she was Muslim.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100310/ap_on_re_us/us_american_terror_plot" [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  4. Mar 11, 2010 #3
    Easy: Now start concentrating on white females.

5. Mar 12, 2010 #4

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Add:
    White females known to be marxists.

6. Mar 12, 2010 #5
    We need a new Joe McCarthy to deal with these threats to World Security.

7. Mar 12, 2010 #6
    Hang her for treason. Just like those other jack***** that joined AQ. She isn't worth the rope to hang her.

8. Mar 12, 2010 #7
    Looks like a man to me

9. Mar 12, 2010 #8
    :rofl: that killed me.

Reading the story and seeing that picture though... she'd fit right in with the rest of society... pretty much anywhere in the world. Kinda creepy, hopefully this is just an isolated incident.

10. Mar 12, 2010 #9
    I think you are just not understanding the issue. Isolating/prosecuting the criminals/terrorists doesn't solve the problem.

11. Mar 12, 2010 #10
    What do you mean? I wasn't speaking at all about isolating/prosecuting the criminals/terrorist. I'm saying I hope that the problem itself is an isolated event... as in hopefully just this lady has been talked into doing such deeds and there are not others like her.

12. Mar 13, 2010 #11

MATLABdude

Science Advisor

Probably just another maladjusted / angry / disturbed person for who saw this particular 'cause' as their outlet. The overall numbers that end up in the news (like Adam Gadahn and Jihad Jane) seem to be small, but I wonder if some of the more 'traditional' US-based outfits (mostly extremest militia / supermacist movements, various cults, more exotic movements like the Symbionese Army, etc.) that recruit these types have seen their numbers fall off recently?

13. Mar 15, 2010 #12
    I was once arguing against racial profiling with a colleague of mine. His was for it and his biggest argument was that "a blonde bimbo ain't exactly going blow up a building".

I don't know about this blonde's sexual indiscretions, but she kind of almost did blow up a building...

I hope this incident convinces people that racial profiling is an unnecessary evil.

14. Mar 15, 2010 #13
    There will always be outliers.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook