Jihad Jane - The new terrorist front

• News
  • Thread starter waht
  • Start date
In summary: It is important to remember that, but at the same time, it is important to be vigilant.There will always be outliers. It is important to remember that, but at the same time, it is important to be vigilant.
waht
Keep your eyes open. Never know who might be a terrorist these days:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/csm/20100310/ts_csm/286499

Washington – The case of Colleen R. LaRose – also known as “Jihad Jane” and “Fatima Rose” – raises troubling questions about the ability of Al Qaeda to attract US-born women to terrorism.

Blond and green-eyed, Ms. LaRose looks more like a former cheerleader than the Western conception of an Islamist extremist. According to the FBI, she told co-conspirators in an e-mail that her appearance would allow her to blend in “with many people,” so that she could achieve “what is in my heart.”

The indictment further charges that LaRose received a direct order to kill a Swedish resident. She traveled to Sweden and tracked the target with the intent of carrying out the murder, according to the FBI.

Law-enforcement authorities identified the target as cartoonist Lars Vilks, who had drawn a cartoon of the prophet Muhammad with the body of a dog.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
What's really surprising is that her boyfriend had no idea what she was planning...apparently didn't even know she was Muslim.

Despite Web images that show LaRose in a Muslim head covering, Gorman said he never picked up on any Muslim leanings. She never attended religious services of any kind, he said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100310/ap_on_re_us/us_american_terror_plot"

Last edited by a moderator:
Easy: Now start concentrating on white females.

rootX said:
Easy: Now start concentrating on white females.
Add:
White females known to be marxists.

We need a new Joe McCarthy to deal with these threats to World Security.

Hang her for treason. Just like those other jack***** that joined AQ. She isn't worth the rope to hang her.

Greg Bernhardt said:
Looks like a man to me

:rofl: that killed me.

Reading the story and seeing that picture though... she'd fit right in with the rest of society... pretty much anywhere in the world. Kinda creepy, hopefully this is just an isolated incident.

zomgwtf said:
Reading the story and seeing that picture though... she'd fit right in with the rest of society... pretty much anywhere in the world. Kinda creepy, hopefully this is just an isolated incident.

I think you are just not understanding the issue. Isolating/prosecuting the criminals/terrorists doesn't solve the problem.

rootX said:
I think you are just not understanding the issue. Isolating/prosecuting the criminals/terrorists doesn't solve the problem.

What do you mean? I wasn't speaking at all about isolating/prosecuting the criminals/terrorist. I'm saying I hope that the problem itself is an isolated event... as in hopefully just this lady has been talked into doing such deeds and there are not others like her.

zomgwtf said:
:rofl: that killed me.

Probably just another maladjusted / angry / disturbed person for who saw this particular 'cause' as their outlet. The overall numbers that end up in the news (like Adam Gadahn and Jihad Jane) seem to be small, but I wonder if some of the more 'traditional' US-based outfits (mostly extremest militia / supermacist movements, various cults, more exotic movements like the Symbionese Army, etc.) that recruit these types have seen their numbers fall off recently?

I was once arguing against racial profiling with a colleague of mine. His was for it and his biggest argument was that "a blonde bimbo ain't exactly going blow up a building".

I don't know about this blonde's sexual indiscretions, but she kind of almost did blow up a building...

I hope this incident convinces people that racial profiling is an unnecessary evil.

vertices said:
I was once arguing against racial profiling with a colleague of mine. His was for it and his biggest argument was that "a blonde bimbo ain't exactly going blow up a building".

I don't know about this blonde's sexual indiscretions, but she kind of almost did blow up a building...

I hope this incident convinces people that racial profiling is an unnecessary evil.

There will always be outliers.

1. What is "Jihad Jane" and why is she considered a new terrorist front?

"Jihad Jane" is the nickname given to Colleen LaRose, an American woman who was arrested in 2009 for her involvement in a terrorist plot. She gained attention for being one of the first American women to be charged with terrorism-related offenses. Her case highlighted the increasing threat of radicalization among US citizens, particularly women, and the use of social media as a tool for recruitment and radicalization.

2. What was the terrorist plot that "Jihad Jane" was involved in?

"Jihad Jane" was involved in a plot to kill Swedish cartoonist Lars Vilks, who had depicted the Prophet Muhammad in a controversial manner. She also recruited other individuals to carry out attacks in Europe and South Asia.

3. How did "Jihad Jane" become radicalized?

Colleen LaRose converted to Islam in 2008 and became radicalized through online interactions with extremists and jihadist groups. She also traveled to Europe to meet with individuals who shared her extremist views.

4. What impact has "Jihad Jane" had on the fight against terrorism?

"Jihad Jane" brought attention to the growing threat of radicalization and recruitment of US citizens by terrorist organizations. Her case also highlighted the need for more effective measures to prevent and counter radicalization, particularly through online channels.

5. What are the implications of "Jihad Jane" for national security?

The case of "Jihad Jane" has highlighted the need for increased vigilance and monitoring of individuals who may be susceptible to radicalization, particularly through online platforms. It has also raised concerns about the potential for homegrown terrorism and the need for effective strategies to prevent and address this threat.

Back