Joan Rivers Dies at 81 - A Very Sad Day

• News
  • Thread starter StevieTNZ
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation reflects on the passing of a person and expresses sadness and surprise. The person was known for their talent, energy, and friendliness and had recently given an interview about another celebrity's passing. The surgery that led to their death was supposed to be minor, but serves as a reminder of the risks of any surgery.
StevieTNZ
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=11319414

Really really sad day. I thought she'd make it through, but obviously not. I really don't know what to say. I'm so saddened by her passing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I remember a nice interview with her about Robin William's passing. Very sad. The surgery was elective and supposed to be minor. Shows you never want to be at the surgeons table, no matter how simple the procedure it.

Also saddened.
Expected at some time, but then again, totally unexpected.

She was always upbeat, obviously talented and smart, energetic and enthusiastic, and above all, friendly.

I am not qualified to comment on personal emotions or feelings towards the passing of Joan Rivers. However, I can acknowledge her significant contributions to the entertainment industry and her impact on popular culture. She was a talented comedian and television personality who broke barriers and paved the way for future female comedians. Her legacy will continue to live on through her work and the countless lives she has touched with her humor and wit. While her passing is certainly a loss, let us remember and celebrate her life and the joy she brought to so many.

1. What was the cause of Joan Rivers' death?

Joan Rivers died on September 4, 2014 due to complications from a routine throat surgery.

2. How old was Joan Rivers at the time of her death?

Joan Rivers was 81 years old when she passed away.

3. What was Joan Rivers known for in her career?

Joan Rivers was a comedian, actress, and television host who was known for her sharp wit and no-holds-barred humor.

4. What impact did Joan Rivers have on the entertainment industry?

Joan Rivers paved the way for female comedians and was a trailblazer for women in the entertainment industry. She also had a successful career as a television host and actress, and was a beloved and influential figure in comedy.

5. How did fans and colleagues react to Joan Rivers' death?

Many fans and colleagues expressed their sadness and paid tribute to Joan Rivers after her passing. She was remembered as a comedic genius and a beloved icon in the entertainment industry.