1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Job job job

1. Aug 27, 2006 #1
    i take all 4 subjects right now:chemistry,biology,mathematics and physics.and i know that math and chem the most important of all.
    i am feeling a bit pressure studying a level now.i will start semester 2 soon.so i am wondering should i drop 1 of physics and bio.
    but i am not sure which job i am interested doing in the future,currently.so i would like to ask my friends here to tell me which job will not be available for me to apply if i dont take phy,and if so with bio.i really need help now.is that i cant take medic already if i dont take bio?or engineering if i dont take phy?or other jobs?Huh

Thanx! :smile:

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 27, 2006 #2
    pls answer my post quicly as soon as possible from anyone of u reading this post currently.just tell me as much job as possible THAT U KNOW that i cannot apply after not taking physics.PLS I NEED HELP!!!

4. Aug 27, 2006 #3
    at what level of education are you? and why do you think that math and chem are the most important?

5. Aug 27, 2006 #4
    studying a level
    because i heard that most uni required an A for chem to enter their uni.and most jobs also required math,just like chemistry.and i think that math is the easiest of these 4 subjects(although hard,just become easy if compare tho the other three subjects)
    and i am thinking i will maybe becoming doc if take bio and engineer if take phy.is that true?any other examples of job pls...........

6. Aug 27, 2006 #5
    anybody home?
    i need the answer as quickly as possible.

7. Aug 27, 2006 #6
    Maths is not easy I can tell you that, if your used to GCSE maths get ready for a shock at A-level it's a whole knew ball game that will make GCSE look like a walk in the park, you may be one of the lucky few that just gets it, but most don't and have to study hard to pick it up. I can't help you with the rest, you need an English engineer to walk you through it.

8. Aug 27, 2006 #7

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The choice between one course and another is not going to define your entire career, nor is it going to prevent you from entering entire disciplines. Your major as a whole defines what you're likely going to do in your career, but single classes are not important.

- Warren

9. Aug 27, 2006 #8
    so do u think i should drop i of the subject and concentrate on 3 other subjects since u said that:
    ''The choice between one course and another is not going to define your entire career, nor is it going to prevent you from entering entire disciplines. Your major as a whole defines what you're likely going to do in your career, but single classes are not important.''?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?