1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Job seeker in london

1. May 20, 2013 #1
    I am an oversees student ,who hold MSc in structural engineering from Nottingham university, basically i want to work in London, actually i start to apply late a little bit( a month ago),and i have to find job before October with visa permission to stay in UK.

In the previous month i applied to tons of jobs and i didn't get an interview!!

I WOULD LIKE TO MENTION
    1. I am first in class
    2.My skills in the Cv are really good(I believe)

But perhaps ,since i am oversees ,my opportunity i less

So is there any advice please

2. jcsd
  3. May 21, 2013 #2

cristo

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

From what I gather of the immigration situation, visas are getting harder and harder to come across. You have a plus since you have leave to remain in the country until October, but will still require sponsorship. Have you spoken to the careers advisors at your university? They will be able to provide more assistance.

4. May 21, 2013 #3

Choppy

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Your difficulties in finding work may have something to do with your English and/or general communication skills.

How are you applying to these jobs? Who are you talking to? What feedback are you getting?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook