1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Jobs for nuclear engineer

1. Nov 15, 2016 #1
    Hello
    I'm a student in university, my major is nuclear engineering, energy and nuclear electric. But in my country, nuclear electric company isn't build. I'm afraid that no jobs when I graduate. Besides working in company, what is the jobs for nuclear engineer?
    Thank you

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 18, 2016 #2
    What country are we talking about?

4. Nov 18, 2016 #3

analogdesign

Science Advisor

Just curious, but why are you studying nuclear engineering when there isn't any nuclear engineering going on in your country? Are you planning to emigrate?

5. Nov 18, 2016 #4
    I'm from Vietnam.
    My plan is working in foreign country. Or working in a foreign company in Vietnam that use nuclear application.

6. Nov 19, 2016 #5

atyy

Science Advisor

7. Nov 19, 2016 #6
  8. Nov 19, 2016 #7

mfb

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

Keep in mind that many countries have special regulations in terms of anything related to nuclear power and foreign contacts/citizenships. Being from Vietnam is certainly better than being from Iran for example, but some jobs can have very strict rules in that aspect.

9. Nov 19, 2016 #8

analogdesign

Science Advisor

I think it will be very difficult to get jobs in other countries when you get your BS simply due to supply and demand. If you want to continue to pursue your dream of becoming a nuclear engineer, I would highly recommend you consider getting an MS or PhD in Europe or the USA.

10. Nov 19, 2016 #9
    Thank you.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted