• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products via PF Here!

Jobs in Botany Project

• Thread starter Mentat
  • Start date
"Jobs in Botany" Project

I'm currently auditing a class at the public high school on Botany. The current assignment is to find two government-funded, and two non-government-related, jobs in Botany in Michigan. How exactly would I go about finding these?

I've tried some search engines, but they didn't seem to have anything on which are government-funded, and which are non-government-related.

Any help on this is appreciated.

To clarify, these jobs must require a college degree in Botany, and one of them must be federal, one must be state, and the other three must be non-government. And they must all be available in Michigan.

I would really appreciate some help, as I can find nothing useful by typical searches or "ask.com".

iansmith

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Originally posted by iansmith
The Botanical Society of America have info about career and employment

http://www.botany.org/newsite/employment/
http://www.botany.org/bsa/careers/car-opp.html
that my be a start.

Also we have plenty of batanist in our faculty. Some do plant molecular biology and genetics. Some try to create new variety of domestic plant.
I cannot thank you enough. Now, after seeing that the site is actually called "botany.org"...it just seems so simple [b(] .

Thanks again.

I've got one more question on this subject: What purpose would a botanist serve in the Oil industry?