1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Engineering Jobs In Engineering Physics?

1. Sep 20, 2010 #1
    Hello physics forum! I am currently working on my first semester towards an engineering physics degree, after receiving a bachelors of accountancy. I decided I didnt want to be an accountant for the rest of my life, and have always had an interest in physics, so I figured I would give it a shot and see where it takes me.

Ive already started looking around at the kinds of jobs I could get with an engineering physics degree, and it seems like a large percent of them involve working with companies that make weapons of some sort. I have absolutely no interest in working for a company that makes weapons, so my question is, are there lots of other available jobs for someone with a BA in accounting and a bachelors in engineering physics?

I wouldnt mind if accounting was part of my job, I just dont want it to be the only part of my job. I am still in my first semester, so if there was another major (engineering or physics related) I could chose that would have more opportunities now is the time to figure that out. I dont plan on going to grad school, as I would like to get a "real" job as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 27, 2010 #2

fss

There are jobs not in the aerospace/defense industry for Engineering Physics graduates. However, if employment is what you're worried about, consider getting into electrical or computer engineering.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook