Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Jobs in engineering?

1. Mar 31, 2004 #1

i'm thinking about switching into the an engineering college, but i'm not sure what kind of jobs you can get with this. right now i'm an undeclared major and i want to switch into electrical engineering, but i'm afraid there will be too much job competition and i won't be able to find work, or i want to go into physics engineering, but i don't know what jobs i can get with this. can anyone tell me if i'm being overly cautious about job opportunity in electrical engineering or what kind of jobs physics majors get?
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 31, 2004 #2

Science Advisor

I'm what you might call a "sanitation engineer." A plain old G.E.D. ought to get you going on that career path, should you wish to follow in my footsteps. :rolleyes:

I always presumed a physics major was headed toward a teaching career, but maybe that is too narrow of a view. You use the term "physics engineering," and I admit I have never heard of that before.
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2004
  4. Mar 31, 2004 #3

yea, i always figured physics majors just taught physics or something. what i meant by physics engineering is a physics major in the college of engineering, rather than a physics major in the college of liberal arts and sciences.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?