Jobs related to linear algebra

In summary, the conversation is about finding jobs that involve working with matrices and linear algebra for a paper. The person is interested in cars, football, music, and airplanes but is having trouble finding relevant job opportunities. Another person suggests that engineering, computer graphics, and image processing are some areas where these skills may be utilized.
blue2004STi
Does anybody know of any jobs that deal explicitly with Matrices and/or Linear Algebra? I have to do a paper and I need to find a subject area that interest me and do a summary of equations and such for what the actual people use for their jobs. I looked and could only find job websites that said "need experience with matrix reporting"... not exactly what I'm looking for. I'm interested in cars, football, music, airplanes. Anything in these areas that you guys know of?

Thanks,

Matt

Physics news on Phys.org
This may be of interest (see links near the middle):
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=187850

Many engineering calculations use the finite element method, as well as simpler systems of equations [e.g. simple multiloop circuits or equilibria of structures]. Computer graphics and image processing (e.g. Photoshop) use matrices.

More examples:
http://aix1.uottawa.ca/~jkhoury/app.htm

good answer from robphy

1. What jobs require knowledge of linear algebra?

Many jobs in the fields of mathematics, engineering, physics, and computer science require knowledge of linear algebra. Some specific examples include data analyst, financial analyst, mechanical engineer, software engineer, and data scientist.

2. What skills related to linear algebra are important for these jobs?

Proficiency in matrix operations, vector calculus, and linear transformations are important skills related to linear algebra for these jobs. Additionally, having a strong understanding of mathematical concepts and the ability to apply them to real-world problems is crucial.

3. How can knowledge of linear algebra be useful in a job setting?

Linear algebra is useful in a job setting for solving complex problems involving large amounts of data, optimizing processes, and creating algorithms for machine learning and artificial intelligence. It also provides a foundation for understanding more advanced mathematical concepts.

4. Are there any industries where linear algebra is particularly important?

Linear algebra is particularly important in industries such as finance, engineering, computer science, and data analysis. It is also used in fields such as physics, economics, and statistics.

5. How can I improve my understanding of linear algebra for job opportunities?

There are various ways to improve your understanding of linear algebra for job opportunities. You can take online courses, attend workshops or seminars, read textbooks and practice problems, and work on real-world projects. It is also helpful to seek out mentors or join study groups to further enhance your knowledge and skills.