1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Jobs that involve math for someone who is not a professional?

1. Mar 28, 2013 #1
    I'm a student pursuing a mathematics major, but have pretty significant experience with computer science and various technologies. I'm looking to do something this summer which would give me the freedom to do or learn math. One way this can occur is if there is lots of downtime (idleness) on the job. I actually need a salary though. I don't really care about the pay, as long I can take care of necessities ($900 per month?).

What are my options? Do I have any options? The best thing I could come up with is tutoring calculus. The problem here is that it has been a very long time since I have taken the "lower division" sequence. I also thought about doing freelance software related work, but that would probably not be able to provide a consistent income.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted