Old Grumpy Guy: Love Him or Be Wrong!

• Thread starter Cyrus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Love
In summary, John McLaughlin is a great guitarist and comedian. He is famous for his SNL skit and his work with Carlos Santana. He is also great live.
Cyrus
Do you guys get him on tv where you live? This old grumpy guy is awsome. He asks your opinon and then he says WRONG!:rofl:

There was an SNL skit about him. If I can find it ill post it. I LOVE THIS GUY!

Physics news on Phys.org
Whenever Tsu or I leave, it is customary for us to say - McLaughlin style - BYE BYE!

I've been watching him since he was little Johnny McLaughlin.

I FOUND IT! http://video.search.yahoo.com/video/view?&h=91&w=125&type=realmedia&rurl=www.people.hbs.edu%2Frdrabiuk%2Fmovies.html&vurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.people.hbs.edu%2Frdrabiuk%2Fvideo%2FMclaughlin.ram&back=p%3Dthe%2BMcLaughlin%2BSNL%26ei%3DUTF-8%26fr%3Dslv1-%26cv%3Dg%26x%3Dwrt&turl=re2.mm-so.yimg.com%2Fimage%2F1846649916&name=%3Cb%3EMclaughlin%3C%2Fb%3E.ram&no=2&tt=2&p=the+McLaughlin+SNL&oid=5a6fb879312b528a&size=4.8MB&dur=265 [Broken]

AHAHAAHHAHAHHA! WRONG! :rofl: :rofl:

This guy makes Bill O'reilly look sane.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, and I thought you were talking about the guitarist John McLaughlin who led the Mahavishnu Orchestra.
A household name since the early '70s, John McLaughlin was an innovative fusion guitarist when he led the Mahavishnu Orchestra and continued living up to his reputation as a phenomenal and consistently inquisitive player through the years. He started on guitar when he was 11 and was initially inspired by blues and swing players. McLaughlin worked with Alexis Korner, Graham Bond, Ginger Baker, and others in the 1960s and played free jazz with Gunter Hampel for six months. His first album was a classic (1969's Extrapolation) and was followed by an obscurity for the Dawns label with John Surman, a quintet set with Larry Young (Devotion), and My Goals Beyond in 1970 which was half acoustic solos and half jams involving Indian musicians.
from Allmusic.com

I have a really cool album he did with Carlos Santana. :cool:

And he's done some really cool tunes in a trio with Al DiMeola and Paco De Lucia!

^^

I also that this topic was referring to him at first. He's awesome.

If anyone is interested, here's an actualy video of John McLaughlin:

http://www.fednet.net/ram/mg/MG021805.ram [Broken]

hahahahahaha this is hilarious beyond hilarious!

Does anyone know if this is available in something other then real player??

Last edited:
patty patty buke buke!

absolute metaphysical certitude!

BWAHAHAHAHA

I first watched the SNL skit and then watched the real show... He sounds exactly like the guy from SNL... LOL

I can say with absolute metaphysical certitude that McLaughlin is awesome. Sometimes even he can hardly keep a straight face. And he gets to tell Buchanan to shut up. Now how cool is that?

Oh yes, great show! Well worth watching, more often than not.

I think that was one of three character skits that Dana Carvey did that I thought was funny. He did the McLaughlin Group skits pretty often.

http://www.danacarvey.net/snl_mclachlan_magicbag.wav [Broken]

mclaughlin.jpg

Astronuc said:
Oh, and I thought you were talking about the guitarist John McLaughlin who led the Mahavishnu Orchestra.
from Allmusic.com

I have a really cool album he did with Carlos Santana. :cool:

And he's done some really cool tunes in a trio with Al DiMeola and Paco De Lucia!

yeah friday night in san fransisco was one of my favourite albums at one time. i guess I've moved on from dimeola but i just got his live @ montreaux dvd recently which was good. i also liked john mclaughlin (the REAL one lol) live & the royal festival hall. it's a very laid-back album. :cool:

I would pay big money to see this guy tear Bill O'reilly a new ass on tv. I think Bill O'reilly gets nightmares of McLaughlin shreading him on his own show.

Cyrus,
Have you ever thought of cropping this picture and making it your avatar?
mclaughlin.jpg

BAHAHHAHAH. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM......I too loyal to Mr. Rose, otherwise I would.

http://www.twilightus.net/adam/Adam/laugh.jpg
or
http://www.twilightus.net/adam/Adam/laugh2.jpg

Maybe someone else wants to take up the offer? hmm

1. Who is "Old Grumpy Guy" and why is he the subject of this study?

"Old Grumpy Guy" is a fictional character used as a representation of a certain type of person in our society. He is often portrayed as a grumpy, cantankerous, and stubborn individual. This study aims to understand the reasons behind the negative perception of such individuals and whether it is justified or not.

2. Is the portrayal of "Old Grumpy Guy" accurate in real life?

The character of "Old Grumpy Guy" is a stereotype and does not accurately represent all older individuals. While some people may exhibit similar traits, it is unfair to label all older individuals as grumpy or difficult. This study seeks to understand the factors that contribute to the perception of older individuals as grumpy and whether it is a fair characterization.

3. How does society view older individuals and how does this affect their relationships?

Society often associates old age with physical and mental decline, leading to negative stereotypes and discrimination against older individuals. This can affect their relationships with others, as they may be viewed as less capable or relevant. This study aims to explore the impact of these societal views on the relationships of older individuals.

4. Can the negative perception of "Old Grumpy Guy" be changed?

While stereotypes are deeply ingrained in society, they can be challenged and changed. This study hopes to shed light on the factors that contribute to the negative perception of older individuals and whether it can be changed through education and awareness.

5. What are the potential implications of this study?

This study has the potential to challenge ageist attitudes and promote more positive perceptions of older individuals. It could also lead to a better understanding of the needs and challenges faced by older individuals in our society and inform policies and programs that support them. Additionally, it could encourage more positive and respectful interactions between generations.