1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Joining MENSA

1. Aug 1, 2005 #1

JamesU

Gold Member

now, I know that everyone at PF hates MENSA immensly, but I don't care.

I'm wondering if anyone here know's how to join. it seems like the MENSA test is figuring out how to become a member. I know I'm qualified. I'm in the international high iq society, and my iq is about 135. but how to join?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 1, 2005 #2

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Why does everyone hate MENSA and what in the world is the international high iq society? I swear i remember hearing that on king of the hill...

4. Aug 1, 2005 #3

JamesU

Gold Member

http://yousuck.com/hiiq

that's just a joke, click the link, take you to the real page

5. Aug 2, 2005 #4

Lisa!

Gold Member

Are you a member?

6. Aug 2, 2005 #5

JamesU

Gold Member

yes...........

7. Aug 2, 2005 #6
    Man I feel like a moron, mine's 104 :frown:

8. Aug 2, 2005 #7

Pengwuino

Gold Member

I only got 121... i guess watching family guy takes away a few points...

Something about that site makes me wonder though :P

9. Aug 2, 2005 #8

Lisa!

Gold Member

:rofl: :rofl: I'm too busy to take th test!

10. Aug 2, 2005 #9
    I'm not quite sure but I think that you need a genius IQ to join MENSA which I think starts at 160. Maybe I should check first huh?

11. Aug 2, 2005 #10

JamesU

Gold Member

i thought it was 130

12. Aug 2, 2005 #11

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Its 130. I heard you can get a discount on car insurance!

13. Aug 2, 2005 #12
    http://www.mensa.org/
    Ok.. so appearantly since scores can vary depending on the test you took the criteria stands at testing in the top 2% for whatever intelligence test you take. There's more info on the site.
    Since geniuses tend to be absent minded I doubt they will mind your lack of ability to use Google. :tongue:

14. Aug 2, 2005 #13

Lisa!

Gold Member

I have a big problem in taking any kind of test which are abit long! :grumpy: I get tired and bored too soon and I just answer the last questions randomly! :rofl: How can I be more patient?

15. Aug 2, 2005 #14
    140 and up is near-genius/genius level.
    In some countries apearantly Mensa members can get special credit cards and insurance. A friend of mine suggests that to quell an ignorant population all Mensa members should be issued a firearm and a liscence to shoot people for being idiots.

16. Aug 2, 2005 #15
    Based on IQ or based on actions? Cause I don't feel like getting shot.

17. Aug 2, 2005 #16
    Yeah I know, I didn't think it was avery good idea either. :wink:

18. Aug 2, 2005 #17
    To me, IQ never mattered much because I never actually knew what mine was or could be until tonight. I never let it hinder me or haunt me throughout my life, you know?

Just becuase I'm 104 doesn't mean I can't achieve my goals of becoming a nuclear engineer. ;)

19. Aug 2, 2005 #18

Lisa!

Gold Member

I don't believe this test could say anything about our IQ! Most of time I fil the last questions randomly but I still get a high IQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I think it means I'm lucky!

20. Aug 2, 2005 #19

Pengwuino

Gold Member

I get distracted too easily to get an accurate score :|

21. Aug 2, 2005 #20
    Hmm--I took the "Tickle" IQ test (searched google for "IQ test")-->and got 136. Where exactly does that fit in on the IQ curve? Can I really trust that IQ test??

**Btw, minimum IQ to join MENSA is 140, according to http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/archive/index.php/t-2433.html. Smart indeed, for them to have their own IQ test, b/c online is risky business; there are sites with really WEAK IQ tests...:frown:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?