Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Joining MENSA

1. Aug 1, 2005 #1

JamesU

Gold Member

now, I know that everyone at PF hates MENSA immensly, but I don't care.

I'm wondering if anyone here know's how to join. it seems like the MENSA test is figuring out how to become a member. I know I'm qualified. I'm in the international high iq society, and my iq is about 135. but how to join?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 1, 2005 #2

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Why does everyone hate MENSA and what in the world is the international high iq society? I swear i remember hearing that on king of the hill...

4. Aug 1, 2005 #3

JamesU

Gold Member

http://yousuck.com/hiiq

that's just a joke, click the link, take you to the real page

5. Aug 2, 2005 #4

Lisa!

Gold Member

Are you a member?

6. Aug 2, 2005 #5

JamesU

Gold Member

yes...........

7. Aug 2, 2005 #6
    Man I feel like a moron, mine's 104 :frown:

8. Aug 2, 2005 #7

Pengwuino

Gold Member

I only got 121... i guess watching family guy takes away a few points...

Something about that site makes me wonder though :P

9. Aug 2, 2005 #8

Lisa!

Gold Member

:rofl: :rofl: I'm too busy to take th test!

10. Aug 2, 2005 #9
    I'm not quite sure but I think that you need a genius IQ to join MENSA which I think starts at 160. Maybe I should check first huh?

11. Aug 2, 2005 #10

JamesU

Gold Member

i thought it was 130

12. Aug 2, 2005 #11

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Its 130. I heard you can get a discount on car insurance!

13. Aug 2, 2005 #12
    http://www.mensa.org/
    Ok.. so appearantly since scores can vary depending on the test you took the criteria stands at testing in the top 2% for whatever intelligence test you take. There's more info on the site.
    Since geniuses tend to be absent minded I doubt they will mind your lack of ability to use Google. :tongue:

14. Aug 2, 2005 #13

Lisa!

Gold Member

I have a big problem in taking any kind of test which are abit long! :grumpy: I get tired and bored too soon and I just answer the last questions randomly! :rofl: How can I be more patient?

15. Aug 2, 2005 #14
    140 and up is near-genius/genius level.
    In some countries apearantly Mensa members can get special credit cards and insurance. A friend of mine suggests that to quell an ignorant population all Mensa members should be issued a firearm and a liscence to shoot people for being idiots.

16. Aug 2, 2005 #15
    Based on IQ or based on actions? Cause I don't feel like getting shot.

17. Aug 2, 2005 #16
    Yeah I know, I didn't think it was avery good idea either. :wink:

18. Aug 2, 2005 #17
    To me, IQ never mattered much because I never actually knew what mine was or could be until tonight. I never let it hinder me or haunt me throughout my life, you know?

Just becuase I'm 104 doesn't mean I can't achieve my goals of becoming a nuclear engineer. ;)

19. Aug 2, 2005 #18

Lisa!

Gold Member

I don't believe this test could say anything about our IQ! Most of time I fil the last questions randomly but I still get a high IQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I think it means I'm lucky!

20. Aug 2, 2005 #19

Pengwuino

Gold Member

I get distracted too easily to get an accurate score :|

21. Aug 2, 2005 #20
    Hmm--I took the "Tickle" IQ test (searched google for "IQ test")-->and got 136. Where exactly does that fit in on the IQ curve? Can I really trust that IQ test??

**Btw, minimum IQ to join MENSA is 140, according to http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/archive/index.php/t-2433.html. Smart indeed, for them to have their own IQ test, b/c online is risky business; there are sites with really WEAK IQ tests...:frown:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?