1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Journal of physics

1. Feb 4, 2017 #1
    Hello,

I have a paper about braneworld. I am not very experience about journal of physics. I am only one paper at physical review D. My paper was rejected by the editor of International Journal of Modern Physics D .

Someone suggest me a journal for submit my paper?, Where it's not too complicated to acceptance.?

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 4, 2017 #2

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

If you are regularly reading journals on the topic you have written about, you should be able to select which of them is most relevant.

If you are not regulalry reading journals on the topic you have written about, your paper is likely unpublishable, which is the decision of the editor of the journal you sent it to.

4. Feb 5, 2017 #3

Dale

Staff: Mentor

I echo V50's suggestion. Consider the journals that you read regularly and pick from those the best fit.

Additionally, you should discuss the selection of journals with your coauthors, and with other colleagues. They may regularly read a slightly different set of journals and have a slightly different take.

5. Feb 5, 2017 #4

radium

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

For high energy theory the good journals I know of are Phys Rev D (you could also publish in PRL or PRX but those are much harder to get in) and JHEP. I really like the format of JHEP, it seems to have a relatively high impact factor and a lot of big names publish there regularly.

6. Feb 5, 2017 #5

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

If it was rejected by a low-impact factor World Scientific journal, it's not getting into PRD or JHEP, much less PRL.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted