Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Journal Quest

1. Apr 11, 2005 #1
    A finite mathematic progression, an orderly and discrete progression of Base10 has been achieved. The progression (4 full pages) zeroes out and repeats itself interminably. What prestigious Journal might be recommended for submission of this work?
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 11, 2005 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

You might want to explain what in the world you are talking about. I can't imagine any journal printing "4 full pages" of a sequence that doesn't have some really important application.

What do you mean by "zeroes out" and "repeats itself interminably". Put together that sounds like the sequence eventually becomes all zeroes. Doesn't sound very exciting to me!
  4. Apr 12, 2005 #3
    You are correct Halls, the sequence does eventually become all zeroes, but then repeats - a finite mathematic progression that overturns the Goedel theorem of numbers. That's why I enquire about a "prestigious" Journal.
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2005
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?