Exploring Interminable Finite Mathematical Progressions in Base10

In summary, the conversation discusses a finite mathematical progression that eventually becomes all zeroes and repeats itself, overturning the Goedel theorem of numbers. The speaker is inquiring about a prestigious journal to submit this work to.
Robust
A finite mathematic progression, an orderly and discrete progression of Base10 has been achieved. The progression (4 full pages) zeroes out and repeats itself interminably. What prestigious Journal might be recommended for submission of this work?

Physics news on Phys.org
You might want to explain what in the world you are talking about. I can't imagine any journal printing "4 full pages" of a sequence that doesn't have some really important application.

What do you mean by "zeroes out" and "repeats itself interminably". Put together that sounds like the sequence eventually becomes all zeroes. Doesn't sound very exciting to me!

HallsofIvy said:
You might want to explain what in the world you are talking about. I can't imagine any journal printing "4 full pages" of a sequence that doesn't have some really important application.

What do you mean by "zeroes out" and "repeats itself interminably". Put together that sounds like the sequence eventually becomes all zeroes. Doesn't sound very exciting to me!

You are correct Halls, the sequence does eventually become all zeroes, but then repeats - a finite mathematic progression that overturns the Goedel theorem of numbers. That's why I enquire about a "prestigious" Journal.

Last edited:

What is a mathematical progression?

A mathematical progression is a sequence of numbers that follow a specific pattern or rule. This pattern can be used to predict the next number in the sequence.

What is a finite mathematical progression?

A finite mathematical progression is a sequence of numbers that has a limited number of terms. This means that there is a specific number of numbers in the sequence and it will eventually end.

What does "exploring interminable finite mathematical progressions" mean?

This phrase refers to the act of studying and analyzing finite mathematical progressions in order to better understand their patterns and properties. The word "interminable" suggests that these progressions can be endless in their complexity and potential for discovery.

What is base10 in mathematics?

Base10, also known as the decimal system, is a numbering system that uses ten digits (0-9) to represent all numbers. Each digit's value is determined by its position in the number, with the first digit representing ones, the second digit representing tens, and so on.

How are finite mathematical progressions in base10 useful in scientific research?

Finite mathematical progressions in base10 can be applied to many real-world problems in fields such as physics, economics, and biology. They can also be used to make predictions and identify patterns in data, which can aid in the development of new theories and technologies.