Where can I find a compatible JTag connector for my PCB?

• Thread starter DailyDose
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Pcb
In summary, the conversation revolved around finding a JTag connector for a PCB with 16 pins and 5-1 mm spacing. The person is looking for a throughole connector that can be soldered and has searched online but has not found anything suitable. They are open to other options and have mentioned a specific connector and adapter.
DailyDose
Hello,

I am looking for a JTag connector for my PCB. I have 16 pins and the JTag connector needs be throughole that I can solder and about 5 - 1 mm spacing. I have searched throughout the internet and I am not finding anything. Does anyone know of websites that special make these things by chance?

Engineering news on Phys.org
DailyDose said:
Hello,

I am looking for a JTag connector for my PCB. I have 16 pins and the JTag connector needs be throughole that I can solder and about 5 - 1 mm spacing. I have searched throughout the internet and I am not finding anything. Does anyone know of websites that special make these things by chance?

Welcome to the PF.

What connector do you want to mate with? What is the JTAG programmer that you want to use with your PCB?

http://www.google.com/search?tbm=is...&q=jtag+connector&gbv=2&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=

The digi key part number is 952-1383-ND. That's the connector. Nevermind the 16 pins like mentioned earlier. The adapter is JTAGICE-mkII. But I am open to other options.

1. What is a JTag connector?

A JTag connector is a type of interface commonly used in electronics to enable debugging and programming of a printed circuit board (PCB). It typically consists of a set of pins or pads on the PCB that allow for communication with a JTag programmer or debugger.

2. How does a JTag connector work?

A JTag connector works by providing a way to access and control the internal circuits of a PCB, allowing for debugging and programming of the device. The JTag signals are typically used to communicate with a microcontroller or other integrated circuits on the board.

3. What are the benefits of using a JTag connector on my PCB?

Using a JTag connector on your PCB allows for easier debugging and programming of your device. It can also help to reduce production costs by eliminating the need for additional programming pins on the device, as the JTag connector can serve as a single interface for programming multiple devices.

4. How do I choose the right JTag connector for my PCB?

Choosing the right JTag connector for your PCB depends on various factors such as the size and layout of your board, the number of pins required, and the specific JTag protocol used by your programmer or debugger. It is important to consult the datasheet and specifications of both your PCB and JTag programmer to ensure compatibility.

5. Are there any alternatives to using a JTag connector on my PCB?

Yes, there are alternative methods for debugging and programming PCBs, such as using serial or USB interfaces. However, JTag connectors are widely used and have become a standard in the industry due to their speed, reliability, and cost-effectiveness. It is recommended to use a JTag connector if possible, especially for complex and high-performance devices.