1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Jumping Ship

1. Dec 10, 2012 #1
    Just finished with my B.S.M.E. and now my M.S.M.E. and have been considering a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering. I've been offered research opportunities in both the mechanical and electrical engineering departments, so really it's up to me to decide.

Can anyone put an industry spin on what I am considering? Would those in industry prefer to see a student with a diversified background (both mechanical and electrical) or does that make me a jack of all trades, master of none?

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 10, 2012 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

I think things are converging where mechanics and electronics are coming together in robotic design for example. Our university even teaches course on mechatronics. So I think you're in a good position for future opportunities.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook