Ever Tried Building a K'Nex Custom Roller Coaster?

• Thread starter capslockroxx
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cool
In summary, the conversation discusses the use of K'nex to design and build custom roller coasters without the need for tools or money. The participants also mention their love for engineering and different building games such as Roller Coaster Tycoon. K'nex are described as similar to Legos but with stick and connection pieces. Some participants also mention other building toys like Tinkertoys and Meccano. Overall, the conversation highlights the enjoyment and creativity that can be found in building with K'nex.
capslockroxx
Has anyone ever designed and built a K'Nex custom roller coaster? I am completely addicted to doing that! I absolutely love engineering and this is a way to practice without use of any tools or money. I'd recommend you guys try it.

Oh and by the way I'm a new member. My name is Nick.

~Nick

Engineering news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF, Nick.
I've never even heard of the stuff that you're asking about, but I love 'Roller Coaster Tycoon'. It might be just a different approach to the same ideas.

K'nex are like Legos, but they're based around sticks and...connections (k'nex) instead of matching pieces. They're pretty cool!

OH MAN! I haven't played Roller Coaster Tycoon in so long! That was an amazing game.

faitswulff said:
they're based around sticks and...connections

Sounds similar to the 'Tinkertoys' that I had as a child. Those were very cool too.

But it's just rods that ball bearings run along, you can only build things that look cool - there's no engineering like real (not movie tie-in) lego or even the ultimate - mecano.

Now I've had my grumble about the youth of today - I can go back to my armchair and my tartan blanket!

1. What does "Just a cool thing to do" mean?

"Just a cool thing to do" is a phrase that refers to an activity or action that is enjoyable, interesting, or fun without any specific purpose or goal.

2. Is "Just a cool thing to do" important?

The importance of "Just a cool thing to do" can vary depending on the individual. Some people may see it as a way to relax and destress, while others may view it as a waste of time. Ultimately, its importance is subjective and can differ from person to person.

3. How can "Just a cool thing to do" benefit me?

Engaging in activities that are "just cool" can have various benefits. It can help improve mood and reduce stress, provide a sense of enjoyment and fulfillment, and even increase creativity and productivity in other areas of life.

4. Can "Just a cool thing to do" be productive?

Yes, "just cool" activities can have productive outcomes. For example, trying out a new hobby or learning a new skill can lead to personal growth and development. It can also help with problem-solving and critical thinking skills.

5. How can I find "Just a cool thing to do"?

There are many ways to find "just cool" activities, it all depends on your interests and preferences. You can try exploring different hobbies, attending events or classes, or simply trying out something new. It's all about being open to new experiences and having fun!