G - New Member: Forum Display Issues

• Thread starter manicmelanie
  • Start date
In summary, a new member joined and greeted everyone, and noticed that the forum did not fit on their screen. Another member welcomed them and suggested checking their display resolution. The issue may be that the browser window is too wide for the screen.
manicmelanie
I just joined and wanted to say hi to everyone. Also, I noticed that the forum runs off my screen.

Anyone else notice that?

melanie

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF, manicmelanie. It's a great place. I'm going to move your question to the Forum Feedback forum, where it will get more directed responses. BTW, my display resolution here at home is set to 1280 x 1024, and my work displays are probably at least set to that. If you right-click in an open area of your desktop and check the performance/resolution, what is your current monitor set to?

Again, welcome.

Is your browser window somehow spread too wide for your screen that you can't grab the scrollbar?

1. What are some common display issues on the forum?

Some common display issues on the forum include missing images, broken links, distorted text, and overlapping elements.

2. How can I fix display issues on the forum?

To fix display issues on the forum, you can try clearing your browser's cache and cookies, updating your browser to the latest version, or checking for any updates or patches for the forum software. You can also try using a different browser to see if the issue persists.

3. Why are some forum posts not appearing on my screen?

This could be due to a few reasons. It could be a server issue, a problem with your internet connection, or a glitch in the forum software. Try refreshing the page or clearing your browser's cache to see if the posts appear. If not, you can contact the forum administrator for further assistance.

4. Why are some images or links broken on the forum?

Broken images or links could be due to the source being deleted or moved, a typo in the link, or an error in the HTML code. If the images or links are from external sources, the problem could also be on their end. You can try refreshing the page or contacting the forum administrator for help.

5. How can I report a display issue on the forum?

If you are experiencing a display issue on the forum, you can report it to the forum administrator by sending them a message or posting in the designated "Bug Report" section. Make sure to provide as much detail as possible, including screenshots and steps to replicate the issue.