Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Just an intro

1. Jul 18, 2015 #1
    Hello. I joined a little less than a month ago and decided to do an intro before actually posting. I'm a little on the aged side (30), so needless to say it has taken me a while to to completely focus on my educational goals...hence the reason I'm still a junior at the College of Charleston (Biochem/Philosophy major), although I do have an Associate in Science. I'm passionate about the sciences, and I also enjoy writing. I've taken Physics 1 and 2 at the college level, and unfortunately it was at a college that shifted to a "fast forward" type of schedule. If you can imagine taking these courses and only being given less than 7 weeks to truly comprehend the material...well, let's just say it was a near impossible task, for me at least. I came out with a B and an A, and I'm still not sure how I accomplished that. After the courses (and the wonderful professor), I found I had a sincere interest in Physics, so I've been relearning/reviewing all the material we covered on my own time...which ultimately lead to the discovery of these forums. :)

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 18, 2015 #2

Suraj M

Gold Member

Hi and welcome to Physics Forums(PF)!!
    Its good that you found PF, hope we can help you with what you need.
    Good luck :smile:

4. Dec 22, 2015 #3
    Hi All,
    I just viewed some of the website videos and found them to be quite interesting. While working for a Midwestern scientific equipment company for many years and I have constantly had to explain basic physics concepts to many people in science who should know better. It was a great surprise to find scientific concepts presented at levels higher than the 9th grade. Great Job

5. Dec 23, 2015 #4
    Welcome to the forum! Great that you are so passionate and that are working hard to learn! :)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook