Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Just back from a short walk, for you snow bound east coasters

1. Mar 8, 2005 #1

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

This is Marys Peak, about 20mi west, and the highest point in the Oregon Coast Range
    [​IMG]

My front yard, it ought to be a lot better in a day or 2
    [​IMG]

The rest are just in the neighborhood
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 8, 2005 #2
    this is the second time a flower has pissed me off today. i read something in either Discover or Scientific American that said almost all flowers' number of petals followed the fibonocci series. but those yellow ones have 6 and two out of the three species of flowers I stepped on today had 4. I've amazed people with that tid bit of knowledge which turns out to be true only if you Loosely interpret "almost all"
    ps, looks chilly. I'm hanging out in 80 degree weather here.

4. Mar 8, 2005 #3

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yeah, we had all the flowers blooming here too... then we were hit by an over 30-yr record of snow. Good, since all the musquitos should be dead by now :biggrin:

5. Mar 8, 2005 #4
    your house just doesn't look right without a basketball hoop over the garage.
    I gotta admit though I would love living there. It looks peaceful. My neighborhood is only peaceful when the crack addicts and hookers take a vacation.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2005
  6. Mar 8, 2005 #5

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I guess 65-70 is chilly, seemed pretty nice to me.

IIRC moncots have 3 or multibles dicots have 4 or multibles, not sure what they were the Fibonocci series enters.

7. Mar 8, 2005 #6
    wait, that's not your house is it?

8. Mar 8, 2005 #7
    just the green tips of spring flowers pokeing through here...sighs....

9. Mar 8, 2005 #8

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It seems that the modern trend is for a portable, height adjustable hoop on the side walk. I am not much of a bball player so there is no hoop at my place.

10. Mar 8, 2005 #9
    I should apologize. It looks beaufiful there. I'm grouchy from not having a cigarette in several days.

11. Mar 8, 2005 #10
    Its sunshine, and bikini sunbathing weather out here :tongue2: :tongue2:

In fact, they were in bikini's right under my window earlier today :tongue2:

12. Mar 8, 2005 #11

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yeah, one of those flowers blossomed across the street, my respect of privacy disallowed a pic.

13. Mar 8, 2005 #12
    Tribdog, YOU piss me off. Some of your 'jokes' arn't funny at all and offensive to add.

Watch your mouth.

14. Mar 8, 2005 #13

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

What did he say that deserves this?

15. Mar 8, 2005 #14
    I'm sorry bladibla. I didn't mean to offend you. Now I feel horrible. You are the one person here who's respect I truely crave. I shall make an effort to live up to your standards of both morality and humor.
    ps if some aren't funny does that mean some are?
    pss try reading a bit further next time. I have already apologized for my comments and really don't need you to police me.

16. Mar 8, 2005 #15
    I believe that saying what is shown for a good purpose (i.e. your flowers) to 'piss them off' is just bad attitude. Either they speak nicely, or dont speak at all.

17. Mar 8, 2005 #16

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Not to rain on your parade, if you'll forgive the ironic pun, but this is gonna cost us big this summer. We need rain! Still, what a beautiful day. You gotta love it right now.

18. Mar 8, 2005 #17

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Great pictures Integral!!! Just the very beginning of buds here.

19. Mar 8, 2005 #18
    No, I'm not policing you, not at all. Why do you feel like that when you have all the free will to post what you think is funny? Why should my comments matter?

And no, it doesn't mean some ARE funny. It just means some arn't funny, some are boring, etc..

20. Mar 8, 2005 #19

hehe, blossoming indeed. :tongue2:

21. Mar 8, 2005 #20
    lol, good burn. That's my favorite kind of comment to anything I say.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?