How much schooling do the experts on this forum have?

• Thread starter Peter Pan
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Curious
In summary, the conversation discusses the education backgrounds of the people who post on the platform. It mentions that while some are still in high school, others have advanced degrees and come from various countries. The speaker also expresses admiration for the intelligence and potential impact of these individuals.
Peter Pan
For those of you leared ones who post a lot of answers to our tough(ha ha) questions, what kinda and how much schooling do you have and from where?

Pan

Physics news on Phys.org
I am in high school, but many of these people are incredibly educated and smart, and come from incredibly esteemed backrounds. I sometimes feel very small and insignificant in comparison. I think PF will change the world one day, Hey, maybe i will be the one to change it

The learned ones span from high school kids to old men(myself included- old anyhow:wink:). Education from HS to PHD and physics/chem/other researchers I believe. And from many different countries in europe, asia, and the americas.

1. What does "just curious" mean?

"Just curious" is a common phrase used to express a simple and innocent desire to know or learn something. It is often used to preface a question or statement that may seem random or off-topic.

2. Is it rude to say "just curious"?

No, saying "just curious" is not considered rude. It is a polite way to express interest or curiosity without being intrusive. However, the tone and context in which it is said can affect how it is perceived by others.

3. How do you respond to someone who says "just curious"?

The best way to respond to someone who says "just curious" is to answer their question or engage in the conversation. You can also say "I'm happy to answer any questions you have" or "That's an interesting question, what made you curious about it?"

4. Can "just curious" be used in a professional setting?

Yes, "just curious" can be used in a professional setting as a way to express interest or gather information. However, it is important to maintain a respectful and appropriate tone when using it in a professional context.

5. Is "just curious" the same as being nosy?

No, "just curious" and being nosy are not the same. Being nosy implies prying or being intrusive into someone's personal life, while "just curious" is a simple expression of genuine interest or curiosity. It is important to be mindful of boundaries and not cross into being nosy when using "just curious".