Romantic Flings: Tales from Waikiki to Now

• Thread starter DiracPool
  • Start date
In summary: I was just a naive young man. I guess that's what happens when you're around the same age as the girl you're interested in. You start to view things in a more simplistic manner. In summary, most of my experiences have been negative, but I guess that's to be expected when you're trying to seduce someone without any success.
DiracPool
It's summertime and love is in the air. There's nothing better to kick off the summer than having a romantic fling. But how "cool" have you been throughout your existence in the romantic fling department. I want to hear your stories.

I've got a story. It's 1984 in Waikiki, Hawaii. I was working for a tour group company and met this Australian girl named "Verity." Weird name, I know. But the Aussies are weird in general. I met her at a street booth I was working at and set up a date for her later that evening when I got off work.

So I take her down to the beach and we sit in the sand and I'm very nervous wanting to kiss her but the chemistry was a little awkward. In these types of instances from my experience, the more time that goes by, the less your chances are of making a score, so I had to act quickly.

My brilliant plan was to take a que from my dad, who said he always asked a girl for permission before he kissed her. So, like a chump, I asked Verity if I could kiss her.

Her answer was "No, but you can just do it." And so that's what I did. So let that be a lesson to you young lads. Don't ask a girl if you can kiss her like my woosey father. Just go ahead and do it.

Do you have any similar stories?

Physics news on Phys.org
JUST DO ME

Ok, I got another story since no one is chiming in. This is about 3 years later in 1987. I'm still in Hawaii doing the tour group thing and this girl walks by with a t-shirt that says "Just do me." It was a play on the Nike logo at the time and had the same font, but I took it seriously :redface:

So I chatted her up and, indeed, did her. As with every other tourist I hooked up with back then, I thought she'd be out on a plane the next day and that would be that. Unfortunately, I caught her at the beginning of her vacation and she became a persistent feature of our party clique for about two weeks until she left. Needless to say, a couple of my friends "just did her" too before she left and she told everyone I was a lousy lay. So that fantasy was banished.

DiracPool said:
Ok, I got another story since no one is chiming in.

Sorry, my experiences in this area has been... terrible. It's not something I wish to discuss.

Drakkith said:
Sorry, my experience in this area has been... terrible. It's not something I wish to discuss.

That's OK, as far as I'm concerned, science is better than sex, anyway. Science doesn't let let you down or screw your best friend or tell everyone you suck wind in the sack. So that's why I married science 20 years ago and it's been a (mostly) good union.

DiracPool said:
...science is better than sex, anyway...
No, I don't think so. They are different. Without sex, you may fail to release stress to do sciences. And I like sex.

Last edited:
DiracPool said:
It's summertime and love is in the air. There's nothing better to kick off the summer than having a romantic fling. But how "cool" have you been throughout your existence in the romantic fling department. I want to hear your stories.

I've got a story. It's 1984 in Waikiki, Hawaii. I was working for a tour group company and met this Australian girl named "Verity." Weird name, I know. But the Aussies are weird in general. I met her at a street booth I was working at and set up a date for her later that evening when I got off work.

So I take her down to the beach and we sit in the sand and I'm very nervous wanting to kiss her but the chemistry was a little awkward. In these types of instances from my experience, the more time that goes by, the less your chances are of making a score, so I had to act quickly.

My brilliant plan was to take a que from my dad, who said he always asked a girl for permission before he kissed her. So, like a chump, I asked Verity if I could kiss her.

Her answer was "No, but you can just do it." And so that's what I did. So let that be a lesson to you young lads. Don't ask a girl if you can kiss her like my woosey father. Just go ahead and do it.

Do you have any similar stories?

Huh, it seems like everything was so much simpler and straightforward when cell phones didn't exist. I swear, sometimes I hate being 19.

Likes ProfuselyQuarky and Pepper Mint
Amrator said:
Huh, it seems like everything was so much simpler and straightforward when cell phones didn't exist. I swear, sometimes I hate being 19.

You got that right. I remember when the physical phone message machines came out in the late 70's or early 80's. We thought this was an unwelcomed intrusion on our privacy as we had to scroll through this drivel of lesser beings leaving messages on our tape machines. I have to admit it was very pleasurable to walk around town and not be a slave to your cell phone or smart phone. I remember in the mid 90's we all had pagers that cost $20 a month and even these were intrusive.

I miss the mid 80's when all we had were roller skates and Sony Walkmans. If you want to get in touch with me, you're going to have to find me on the boardwalk...

DiracPool said:
... she told everyone I was a lousy lay.
Drakkith said:
... my experiences in this area has been... terrible.

Lol ... there's really no doubt then ...[COLOR=#black]..[/COLOR] :oldtongue:

Last edited:
Likes ProfuselyQuarky and DiracPool
DiracPool said:
But how "cool" have you been throughout your existence in the romantic fling department. I want to hear your stories.

"Cool"? Alright, you asked for it… Around 6 years ago I was in the bathroom applying Icy Hot cream to my legs (or so I think) and my Husband called me into the bedroom to *play* with him. Apparently, there had been residue in between my fingers, because he begin to panic not long after… :eek:

I could write a book about my clumsiness in that area! :smile:

DiracPool said:
science is better than sex, anyway.

Could you live without science or sex? Pick one. That will tell you which is better! :wink:

Fervent Freyja said:
Could you live without science or sex? Pick one. That will tell you which is better!

Oh boy, you had to call me out on that one. That's a dirty trick. I guess I'd have to side with sex. Science can go to hell! :oldbiggrin:

Likes Fervent Freyja
DiracPool said:
Oh boy, you had to call me out on that one. That's a dirty trick. I guess I'd have to side with sex. Science can go to hell! :oldbiggrin:

Then, you may consider yourself scientifically healthy! Choosing science would suggest an organism is failing to thrive; so, I wouldn't trust their judgement anyhow! :smile:

Likes DiracPool
Fervent Freyja said:
Apparently, there had been residue in between my fingers, because he begin to panic not long after

So am I reading that you inadvertently applied icy-hot cream to his member during play time? That's a definite wifey party foul. How dare you!

DiracPool said:
So am I reading that you inadvertently applied icy-hot cream to his member during play time? That's a definite wifey party foul. How dare you!

Yes... :DD But, I've done worse to him.

Around the same time period, I also remember grabbing massage oil from the drawer instead of something else... That burns!

I need to stop before I get reported. :wideeyed:

Likes DiracPool
Fervent Freyja said:
I need to stop before I get reported.

I agree, I think it's getting too hot in here, we're in danger of getting the thread deleted. So tone it down :biggrin:

Likes Fervent Freyja
Fervent Freyja said:
...Choosing science would suggest an organism is failing to thrive; ... :smile:
That suggests the organism was created by God.
DiracPool said:
Sex itself isn't science but how and why to make it is scientifically explicable. The term itself isn't lucky enough to be abused by many in different tones and ways to dirty people of different segregated worlds, i.g one of clean, moral people and that of bad laymen. So it is never an issue withe the term being used but how, where and why people use it actually is.

People following Creationism already have God in their mind, do you think a God-like behavior can exist both in humans and in some other animals of similar high levels of cognitive development in the tree of life ?

Pepper Mint said:
People following Creationism already have God in their mind, do you think a God-like behavior can exist both in humans and in some other animals of similar high levels of cognitive development in the tree of life ?

Jesus Christ, Pepper Mint. Cool it! Now you're definitely going to get this thread deleted. The PF mentors are prudes but they enjoy a little sexiness in the posts every now and then. But they're not going to put up with some religious hogwash. So cut that sh#$ out.

I didn't really mean the prude part, sorry :biggrin:

Likes Pepper Mint
Uhm...I think my question is off-topic.

I also have a story. I fell in love with a man named Jerry when I was still in college. He was working in a bar with his friends. But he was married. It is hard to go against your heart, I know but I couldn't resist myself.
I regret not having told him to "do me" when we were still together. The bar closed 10 years ago after a beautiful singer died of heart attack while performing on the stage. She was taken to a nearby hospital but the doctors failed to save her. Jerry and I have also parted since that tragic day on.
Now I am still missing him a lot. Every time I do anything or go anywhere, I just keep thinking about him. How silly I am! But I take it that anything even just produced by my own imagination if working fine, making me happy and harming no one is a good source of happiness I should be honoring.

Pepper Mint said:
I fell in love with a man named Jerry when
... if you had said his name was Neuman, I would have wondered about you...

Likes Hoophy
256bits said:
... if you had said his name was Neuman, I would have wondered about you...
Please understand me, this is public Physics forums anyway.
10 years isn't a long period of time to you, is it ? All the events, including even the dead singer's song lyrics, in those days however minor or small they might have seemed to several people are always vivid memories on my mind that I don't think time from now can ever change...

Pepper Mint said:
Please understand me, this is public Physics forums anyway.
10 years isn't a long period of time to you, is it ? All the events, including even the dead singer's song lyrics, in those days however minor or small they might have seemed to several people are always vivid memories on my mind that I don't think time from now can ever change...
Of course I understand you. Special memories are precious.

( Jerry, Neuman, from Seinfield was supposed to be light humour . :DD )

Likes Pepper Mint and ProfuselyQuarky
I made the decision to "just do it" many times back in the day. Perhaps I should say beer made the decision for me.

I didn't always drink beer, but when I did, I was later unhappy with beer's decisions.

Likes Pepper Mint
zoobyshoe said:
... but when I did, I was later unhappy with beer's decisions.

:olduhh: ...[COLOR=#black].[/COLOR]Coyote Ugly ?

Likes 1oldman2
OCR said:
:olduhh: ...[COLOR=#black].[/COLOR]Coyote Ugly ?
"...would rather chew off the trapped arm and escape..." Ahahahahahahahahah! That's good!

Pepper Mint said:
Now I am still missing him a lot. Every time I do anything or go anywhere, I just keep thinking about him. How silly I am! But I take it that anything even just produced by my own imagination if working fine, making me happy and harming no one is a good source of happiness I should be honoring.

You know, he may no longer be married. Maybe you could try to find him and reconcile those regrets!

And thinking about another person you once held an affection for is never silly, no matter how much time has lapsed! Do you find there is a pattern occurring where there are days you miss him the most, maybe in correlation with the days before, during, and after ovulation? Hormone surges could make those thoughts even more powerful! Some days it's difficult to think about anything else- once on those days isn't always enough. We are primates or primitive animals firstly, sexual urges, especially when thinking about someone we have affection for is never silly. People that always wear shoes could be considered sillier, if thinking that way is ever considered silly! Find him.

Likes Pepper Mint

1. What inspired you to write "Romantic Flings: Tales from Waikiki to Now"?

I have always been fascinated by the complexities of human relationships, particularly romantic ones. When I visited Waikiki, I was struck by the beautiful scenery and the romantic atmosphere it created. I began to imagine all the different love stories that could unfold in such a setting, and that's where the idea for this book originated.

2. Are the stories in "Romantic Flings" based on real-life experiences or purely fictional?

The stories in "Romantic Flings" are a mix of both. Some are inspired by real-life experiences, either my own or those of people I know, while others are purely fictional. I wanted to create a diverse collection of stories that would resonate with readers and capture the essence of love and romance in different ways.

3. What sets "Romantic Flings" apart from other romance novels?

One of the unique aspects of "Romantic Flings" is that each story takes place in a different time period, from the 1950s to the present day. This allows readers to experience love and romance in different eras and see how it has evolved over time. Additionally, the stories are set in different locations, showcasing the beauty and diversity of the world we live in.

4. Who is the target audience for "Romantic Flings"?

While "Romantic Flings" is primarily marketed as a romance novel, I believe it has a broad appeal. Anyone who enjoys stories about love, relationships, and human connections will find something to enjoy in this book. It is also a great read for those who are looking for a bit of escapism and want to be transported to beautiful settings and romantic moments.

5. Can we expect a sequel or follow-up to "Romantic Flings"?

At the moment, I do not have any plans for a sequel or follow-up to "Romantic Flings." However, I am always open to exploring new ideas and may revisit this book in the future. In the meantime, I am working on other writing projects that I am excited to share with readers.