Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Just getting started

1. Sep 3, 2009 #1
    Hi guy I'm new to everything about physics and have no clue how to study. When I am studying and reading the book would it be helpful to memorize certain formulas e.g. the 4 formulas for constant acceleration or will those usually be given to me during a test so that i can look at them for reference. Thanks in advance.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 3, 2009 #2
    Hi skitzz88,
    you are interested in physics, good to hear that. in physics you don't need to study anything. you try to observe and learn, what is happening around you (anything) and how it is happening it all nothing but physics and maths. so when try to understand something like that, you will automatically study what is needed for that.

4. Sep 4, 2009 #3
    knowphysics was right.though memorizing formulas would certainly help you in a test,your enthusiasm may lessen by this type of job.formulas could get memorized automatically by applying it or thinking why it is like that~

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook