Supporting a Spouse's Academic Pursuits: A Scientist's Perspective

• Thread starter manden
  • Start date
In summary, supporting a spouse's academic pursuits from a scientist's perspective involves understanding the demands and challenges of scientific research and providing a supportive and understanding environment. This may include offering emotional support, accommodating for long hours and intense workloads, and being flexible with household responsibilities. It also involves recognizing the importance and potential impact of their academic pursuits on the relationship and communicating openly and effectively to maintain a healthy balance between work and personal life. Ultimately, being a supportive partner can greatly contribute to the success and fulfillment of their academic endeavors.
manden
Hi, I'm really only in the forum to help my wife (as my questions will show). for 5 years after graduating from an ivy league as an electric engineer she took care of our kids instead of working, and is now going to do a masters. she's doing some prep work (5 years out of school is a long time, as i know myself as well).

as i know nothing about physics/engineering, all i do is i try to find good books for her to study (so far has gone well, but now it seems i need some help).

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi manden. :welcome: