Learning Physics: How to Improve AP Physics B Grade

In summary: Yes, there are many resources available online. Some good places to start are Khan Academy or The Physics Teacher's Site.
zzoo4
SO today,, I got 27/60 on a test... I know it's sad...
it's so shocking that
I really want to put and dedicate on learning physics now. But I just don't know how to but besides studying... Actually.. I just don't know how to study physics...
Just how do you study or learn physics?? and i am talking about AP Physics B in high school..
And yes, It's all to improve my grade..

P.S Sorry, If i post this on a wrong section,, Kind of a newbie here '>';;

Physics news on Phys.org
Hard to say. Why did you fail? What are you having trouble with?

I failed forces... Now i am learning work and energies

zzoo4 said:
I failed forces... Now i am learning work and energies

Alright. What were you having trouble with specifically? Any particular aspect of the material? The math? The concepts? Definitions? Applying it to problems?

Concepts and applying to problems.. Those types of questions are the ones that always get me on the tests.

A few tips:

- Make a lot of practice problems. They'll enhance your understanding.
- Work hard.
- Get somebody to tutor you to explain you the concepts.

Are you drawing out every single force problem you do? Much harder to make mistakes when you draw out the problem.

Yes I do draw them. But it's like I get confused how to solve it after drawing

AH ! so sorry again for posting in wrong section!

teh book Thinking Physics by Lewis Carroll Epstein helped me a lot.

Oh. Same here. I read physics too at high school and despite how much I study, I always fall into a stupid C+ or B- barely.

PCSL said:
Are you drawing out every single force problem you do? Much harder to make mistakes when you draw out the problem.

This is essential to becoming more adept in the field. I found that when I drew pictures depicting physics based problems, I could visualize and understand how to complete the problem more accurately. I did that throughout the physics courses I've taken, and on tests. Eventually lead me to taking art classes, but the point on the matter is, start drawing out those problems!

Reason people fail is because they may be more visually inclined so they need that diagram in order to make sense of it all in my opinion.

Other than that, I would study using all the senses (not necessarily smell, but the others) write in the book (professors told us not to, but it beat writing down notes), and talking to yourself about the concepts you've just read and explaining those same concepts to yourself.

If you can explain it to yourself, that means you understood it and will remember it forever, if you cannot, you didn't understand it. If you don't understand it, re-read it a bit more thoroughly noting phrasing patterns, etc...

Hm those are all good ideas!

Are there any sites where I can practice applying to a actual problem for certain a physics topic?

1. How do I improve my AP Physics B grade?

To improve your AP Physics B grade, it is important to have a strong understanding of the basic concepts and principles. Make sure to attend all classes, take thorough notes, and actively participate in class discussions. It is also beneficial to practice solving problems and completing practice exams to improve your problem-solving skills.

2. What are some effective study strategies for AP Physics B?

Some effective study strategies for AP Physics B include creating organized notes, creating flashcards to review key terms and formulas, and practicing solving problems. It is also helpful to attend review sessions and seek help from your teacher or a tutor if you are struggling with specific topics.

3. How important is it to understand math in AP Physics B?

Understanding math is crucial for success in AP Physics B as it involves complex mathematical concepts and equations. It is important to have a strong foundation in algebra, trigonometry, and calculus in order to solve problems and understand the principles of physics.

4. What resources are available to help with AP Physics B?

There are many resources available to help with AP Physics B, including textbooks, online tutorials and videos, practice exams, and review books. Your teacher and classmates can also be valuable resources for studying and understanding difficult concepts.

5. What can I do if I am struggling in AP Physics B?

If you are struggling in AP Physics B, it is important to seek help and not give up. Talk to your teacher about your concerns and ask for extra help or resources. You can also form study groups with classmates or seek help from a tutor. With hard work and determination, you can improve your understanding and ultimately improve your grade in AP Physics B.