Find Free Grain Size Images for ASTM (G) 10.48 @ 400x

• Thread starter DannyB
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Picture
In summary, the conversation discussed a report on grain size and specimen preparation. The speaker had a copied picture from a textbook which they used to calculate ASTM grain size, but they lost the picture. They were looking for websites that offer pictures like this, and also mentioned that their image was at 400x and ASTM (G) was roughly 10.48. The other person suggested several websites and advised the speaker to ask the supplier for an electronic copy next time.
DannyB
Im doing a report on grain size/specimen prep, I was given a copied picture out of a textbook which I calculated ASTM grain size on...then I lost the picture. The problem is I still need to calculate grain size using grain diameter, just wondering if there are any sites that offer up pictures like this. Mine was at 400x, I don't know if this will help at all either but ASTM (G) was roughly 10.48

I just found this forum...I'm probably going to spend a lot of time here...

Engineering news on Phys.org
Last edited:

1. How do I find free grain size images for ASTM (G) 10.48 at 400x magnification?

To find free grain size images for ASTM (G) 10.48 at 400x magnification, you can search for them on online databases such as Google Images or Flickr. You can also reach out to universities or research institutions to see if they have any available images.

2. Are there any specific websites or databases that offer free grain size images for ASTM (G) 10.48 at 400x magnification?

There are a few websites and databases that offer free grain size images for ASTM (G) 10.48 at 400x magnification, such as the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Digital Library of Mathematical Functions and the Allen Institute for Cell Science.

3. Are there any copyright or usage restrictions for using free grain size images for ASTM (G) 10.48 at 400x magnification?

It is important to check the usage rights of the images before using them. Some images may have specific copyright or usage restrictions, while others may be available for free use with proper attribution. Always make sure to check the website or database for any usage guidelines.

4. Can I use free grain size images for ASTM (G) 10.48 at 400x magnification for my research or publications?

Yes, you can use free grain size images for ASTM (G) 10.48 at 400x magnification for your research or publications as long as you properly cite the source and follow any usage guidelines. It is always best to double check with the original source to ensure proper usage.

5. Are there any alternative methods for obtaining grain size images for ASTM (G) 10.48 at 400x magnification?

If you are unable to find free grain size images for ASTM (G) 10.48 at 400x magnification, you can consider taking your own images using a microscope or contacting a professional to take the images for you. You can also try reaching out to other researchers or colleagues who may have relevant images to share.