How do I post questions on the Physics Forums?

• Thread starter yosef
  • Start date
In summary, to create an account on Physics Forums, simply click on the "Register" button and fill out the required information. To find the appropriate forum to post a question, browse through the list of forums or use the search bar. Images and equations can be included in a question using the post editor, and formatting can be done using basic HTML tags or the options provided in the editor. Questions can be edited or deleted at any time, except when there are replies, in which case a moderator can delete it upon request.
yosef
hi

Physics news on Phys.org
Ah, the soul of brevity. :smile:

Welcome to the forum.

Likes yosef
43 year old dad, husband, wife in and out of hospital.. few kids under 14.. very tired.. in college for physical therapy. general chem right now... just trying to balance H2SO4 + NaOH --> ... i think its 2H2O + Na2(SO4) correct?

ps.. wow! such a fast answer from you ty!

yosef said:
ps.. wow! such a fast answer from you ty!
Well, the forum has a HUGE following so there are quite a few people on-line at anyone time. I almost never respond in the Intro section but I got a chuckle out of your brevity.

Likes yosef
:-) its a crazy world.. I'm frankly happy enough to have brought a smile to another...:smile: but the landlord, phone company, etc... expect a bit more from me.. hence, the attempt in college now... :cool: how does one post questions here, as i imagine i may indeed have a bunch as the semester progresses

yosef said:
:-) its a crazy world.. I'm frankly happy enough to have brought a smile to another...:smile: but the landlord, phone company, etc... expect a bit more from me.. hence, the attempt in college now... :cool: how does one post questions here, as i imagine i may indeed have a bunch as the semester progresses
Just click on "forums" for a listing of all the forums on the site, choose the one you want to post in and click on "Post New Thread". You'll have a few hours (I think it is) to edit you posts, after which they are no longer open to editing, and the subject line is never open to editing so be particularly careful that you get it the way you want it.

EDIT: and by the way, do NOT forget to read the rules. This is one site where they actually mean something.

Likes yosef
thank you very very much. can't say it any simpler than that!

Welcome to PF!

Don't forget to take some time to read our forum rules under the INFO tab at the top right section of our page.

Likes yosef
ty very much

yosef said:
ty very much

Also please try to use standard english words and no abbreviations like "ty". When I first saw it, I thought you were mentioning someone's name Ty as in Tyrone Power (1940's screen actor)

Likes yosef
Yes, No problem. I just read that in the rules link which you suggested I click on. (And I capitalized 'I' as well). Thank you again

yosef said:
how does one post questions here
Welcome to the PF.

In addition to phinds' advice, you can hover over INFO at the top right of the page, and click on Help/How-To. That will take you to a very helpful page. Enjoy! :smile:

Likes yosef

1. How do I create an account on Physics Forums?

To post questions on Physics Forums, you will first need to create an account. To do this, simply click on the "Register" button on the top right corner of the website and fill out the required information. Once you have submitted the form, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to activate your account.

2. How do I find the appropriate forum to post my question?

Physics Forums has various sub-forums dedicated to different topics such as classical physics, quantum physics, and astrophysics. To find the appropriate forum for your question, you can either browse through the list of forums or use the search bar to look for keywords related to your question.

3. Can I post images or equations in my question?

Yes, you can include images and equations in your question by using the "Insert Image" or "Insert Equation" buttons in the post editor. You can also use LaTeX to format equations in a more advanced way.

4. How do I format my question to make it easier to read?

To make your question more visually appealing and easier to read, you can use basic HTML tags such as <p> for paragraphs, <ul> for bullet points, and <b> for bold text. You can also use the formatting options provided in the post editor.

5. Can I edit or delete my question after posting it?

Yes, you can edit or delete your question at any time by clicking on the "Edit" or "Delete" buttons located below your post. However, once someone has replied to your question, you will not be able to delete it. In this case, you can request a moderator to delete the post for you.