Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Just saying hello as a new member as the page told me to

1. Mar 22, 2016 #1
    hi

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 22, 2016 #2

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Ah, the soul of brevity. :smile:

Welcome to the forum.

4. Mar 22, 2016 #3
    43 year old dad, husband, wife in and out of hospital.. few kids under 14.. very tired.. in college for physical therapy. general chem right now... just trying to balance H2SO4 + NaOH --> ... i think its 2H2O + Na2(SO4) correct?

ps.. wow!! such a fast answer from you ty!!

5. Mar 22, 2016 #4

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Well, the forum has a HUGE following so there are quite a few people on-line at any one time. I almost never respond in the Intro section but I got a chuckle out of your brevity.

6. Mar 22, 2016 #5
    :-) its a crazy world.. i'm frankly happy enough to have brought a smile to another.....:smile: but the landlord, phone company, etc... expect a bit more from me.. hence, the attempt in college now... :cool: how does one post questions here, as i imagine i may indeed have a bunch as the semester progresses

7. Mar 22, 2016 #6

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Just click on "forums" for a listing of all the forums on the site, choose the one you want to post in and click on "Post New Thread". You'll have a few hours (I think it is) to edit you posts, after which they are no longer open to editing, and the subject line is never open to editing so be particularly careful that you get it the way you want it.

EDIT: and by the way, do NOT forget to read the rules. This is one site where they actually mean something.

8. Mar 22, 2016 #7
    thank you very very much. cant say it any simpler than that!

9. Mar 22, 2016 #8

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to PF!

Don't forget to take some time to read our forum rules under the INFO tab at the top right section of our page.

10. Mar 22, 2016 #9
    ty very much

11. Mar 22, 2016 #10

jedishrfu

Also please try to use standard english words and no abbreviations like "ty". When I first saw it, I thought you were mentioning someone's name Ty as in Tyrone Power (1940's screen actor)

12. Mar 22, 2016 #11
    Yes, No problem. I just read that in the rules link which you suggested I click on. (And I capitalized 'I' as well). Thank you again

13. Mar 22, 2016 #12

berkeman

Welcome to the PF.

In addition to phinds' advice, you can hover over INFO at the top right of the page, and click on Help/How-To. That will take you to a very helpful page. Enjoy! :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook