Just saying hi (again)

• Thread starter arunma
  • Start date
Hi all, it's been awhile since I've been to PF. I just got an automated email from this place imploring me to come back, and I remembered all the good times I've had here in the past.

A lot has happened in the past couple years (or however long it's been since I was gone). I've done a lot of research in particle astro, read a lot of PhD comics, and the week before Thanksgiving I defended. But my greatest claim to fame is that I wrote over a third of my PhD dissertation in a bar; this is a feat which I'm certain improved the quality of my work.

So, what's been going on around these parts while I was holed up in my office? Any other new graduates, by chance?

Answers and Replies

Evo
Mentor
Hey arunma, nice to see you again!! Congrats on your defense! I hope you'll be able to visit more.

Hi Evo, I'm glad you're still around! How's life these days?

Evo
Mentor
Hi Evo, I'm glad you're still around! How's life these days?
I'm still the same old klutz, walking into walls, tripping over furniture. :redface:

I'm still the same old klutz, walking into walls, tripping over furniture. :redface:
…wait, people actually buy furniture!?!? I keep forgetting that not everyone is an impoverished grad student. Now I really can't wait to have a Real Job(™) next month!

Welcome back arunma!