My Birthday is Coming - Prepare to Celebrate!

• Thread starter Smurf
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a user's upcoming 18th birthday and the potential for a thread to be created in their honor. Some users joke about the attire for the party, including bathing suits and dresses. The conversation also includes some teasing and spelling corrections.
Smurf
My birthday is coming up in a couple months I fully expect there to be at least 1 thread created in my honour. o:)

Physics news on Phys.org
Do you have your birthday in your profile? It has to show up on the calendar if you want us to celebrate it. :biggrin: We'll make sure everyone wears their best party dresses for it. :tongue2:

Smurf said:
My birthday is coming up in a couple months I fully expect there to be at least 1 thread created in my honour. o:)
Sorry Smurf but whenever I hear about honour,I think of death! :devil: :blushing:

Moonbear said:
:biggrin: We'll make sure everyone wears their best party dresses for it. :tongue2:
i'll wear my birthday suit :biggrin:

Yeap, it's in my profile, and it's my 18th for those of you who don't already know.

I think Smurf needs to get a life. :tongue:

you actually have to ask us to give you a thread?

Smurf said:
Yeap, it's in my profile, and it's my 18th for those of you who don't already know.

Thats quite an age for a smurf, so may be your party should not be to
stresfull

Moonbear said:
Do you have your birthday in your profile? It has to show up on the calendar if you want us to celebrate it. :biggrin: We'll make sure everyone wears their best party dresses for it. :tongue2:

It going to be a pool party. :devil: :biggrin:

wolram said:
It going to be a pool party. :devil: :biggrin:
Then the attire will be those bathing suits with cute little skirts on them. :approve:

Moonbear said:
Then the attire will be those bathing suits with cute little skirts on them. :approve:

You can still buy those things

wolram said:
You can still buy those things
Uh huh! And they're stylish now. :biggrin: Actually, they have much cuter looking ones than they used to have (you can get them in two-piece suits even...or just leave off the top half if you're so inclined). They aren't so much the ruffly, polka-dotted, over-sized one-piece suits they sold back in the '70s for the, um, women overly-endowed in the posterior region that never flattered anyone, but are more so you have variety (most are tighter little skirts that don't hide much, but might support a little soft spot so it appears firmer). If you're determined to cover-up, now you're supposed to get a "wrap" which I think is just an oversized scarf to wear around your waist. :rolleyes:

By moonbear
, but might support a little soft spot so it appears firmer).

which i am sure you would have no use for, but then love handles can be sexy.

Moonbear said:
Uh huh! And they're stylish now. :biggrin: Actually, they have much cuter looking ones than they used to have (you can get them in two-piece suits even...or just leave off the top half if you're so inclined). They aren't so much the ruffly, polka-dotted, over-sized one-piece suits they sold back in the '70s for the, um, women overly-endowed in the posterior region that never flattered anyone, but are more so you have variety (most are tighter little skirts that don't hide much, but might support a little soft spot so it appears firmer). If you're determined to cover-up, now you're supposed to get a "wrap" which I think is just an oversized scarf to wear around your waist. :rolleyes:
Getting all this smurf? :biggrin:

Artman said:

Smurf is only just out of short trousers :biggrin: and things of this nature
should be far from his mind.
Hey smurf would you like a bouncy castle at your party?

Moonbear said:

as i said before, the attire is birthday suits.

yourdadonapogostick said:
as i said before, the attire is birthday suits.

Well if you can take the embarrassment, i am sure we are all game for a laugh

or a poke in the eye ;)

Smurf said:
Whooops! I guess you didn't read the fine print: Anyone who starts looking forward to their PF birthday with uncontrolable exitement two months before the fact such that they are compelled to start a "Heads up! My Birthday Is Coming!" thread, automatically forfeits the actual birthday thread.

A proper bathing suit.

Attachments

• Bathing_suit_1858.jpg
    Bathing_suit_1858.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 498
wolram said:
Smurf is only just out of short trousers :biggrin: and things of this nature
should be far from his mind.
Hey smurf would you like a bouncy castle at your party?
Hmmm, can you get cute girls to jump out of it at me?
Artman said:
I don't know... can't I just wear my dress again!? Isn't that enough for you vulchurs.

Evo said:
A proper bathing suit.
How did women not drown in those things? :bugeye:

Smurf said:
I don't know... can't I just wear my dress again!? Isn't that enough for you vulchurs.
Oh, no, no, no, no, no. If you're going to start wearing dresses, you must realize that you need to buy a new one for every special occassion. It's just not done to be seen in the same dress twice. :tongue:

Moonbear said:
How did women not drown in those things? :bugeye:
The description says they had weights sewn into the hems to keep the garments from floating up in the water. Can you imagine how much that outfit must have weighed when it was wet?

I think Smurf would be cute in one of the newer swim skirts. :!)

Smurf said:
Hmmm, can you get cute girls to jump out of it at me?

you can't honestly think that's how to spell vultures...

sides, they're going to be way to busy planning for MY birthday to worry about yours!

Gale17 said:
you can't honestly think that's how to spell vultures...
Yes, and Funner is a word too.
sides, they're going to be way to busy planning for MY birthday to worry about yours!
Pah! YOUR birthday!? YOUR BIRTHDAY!

HA!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

ha!

What is the significance of celebrating one's birthday?

The tradition of celebrating birthdays dates back to ancient civilizations, where it was believed that evil spirits were more likely to attack on the day of a person's birth. Today, birthdays are seen as a way to honor and celebrate the life of an individual.

How can I prepare for my birthday celebration?

There are many ways to prepare for a birthday celebration, depending on individual preferences. Some common ways include planning a party, buying gifts, and making a special birthday meal or cake. It is also important to make sure to invite friends and family to share in the celebration.

What are some unique ways to celebrate a birthday?

Some unique ways to celebrate a birthday include taking a trip, trying a new activity or experience, or doing something meaningful and charitable. It can also be fun to have a themed party or celebrate with a group of friends.

How can I make my birthday celebration more eco-friendly?

To make a birthday celebration more eco-friendly, consider using sustainable decorations, choosing a plant-based or locally sourced menu, and using reusable or recyclable materials. It is also important to limit food waste and consider eco-friendly gift options.

Are there any cultural or religious traditions associated with birthdays?

Yes, there are many cultural and religious traditions associated with birthdays. For example, in some cultures, it is customary to give gifts and have a special meal on one's birthday. In some religions, birthdays may hold spiritual significance or be celebrated with religious rituals.