Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Just stopping in

1. Dec 6, 2009 #1
    Hi all,

I'm not sure who's around who remembers me but I just thought I'd stop in and say hello anyway. I haven't posted in the last few years, and haven't even lurked much recently but I got all nostalgic today and was perusing my old haunts and of course came back here. I think I just feel a need to post in here and add to the number of states I was living in while posting here.

Anyway, Happy Holidays to all! Hope everyone is well and thriving.

-Gale17

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 6, 2009 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hi Gale! How are you doing? Have you finished school?

And, I think you're WAY older than 17 by now. :biggrin:

4. Dec 6, 2009 #3

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

GALE!!!!! I've missed you!!!!!!!

5. Dec 6, 2009 #4
    Yeah... something like 22 now. Its been a while. No, I didn't finish school. I enlisted in the Navy a year ago, and I'm super happy with the decision. I speak arabic now, and currently I'm stationed in California. Hopefully in the next year or so I'll have the opportunity to finish my math degree though.

6. Dec 6, 2009 #5

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Wow! That's an exciting new direction. I'm glad you've found something that finally makes you happy (and got you out on your own).

7. Dec 6, 2009 #6
    I don't know you, but hi!

8. Dec 7, 2009 #7

Lisa!

Gold Member

Hi Gale!:smile:
    Welcome back!

9. Dec 7, 2009 #8

Astronuc

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Hey Gale, welcome home. Very cool about learning arabic. You must be down in SD?

Happy sails! :biggrin:

10. Dec 7, 2009 #9

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hi Gale, good to see you thriving! Happy holidays to you too :smile:

11. Dec 7, 2009 #10
    In you're in San Diego it's an automatic mast for not contacting me.

Glad to hear you're liking the Navy!

12. Dec 7, 2009 #11
    I remember you. You are pillowhead.

13. Dec 7, 2009 #12

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

LOL! I had forgotten that! Now Gale will have to kill you for reminding everyone of that story. :biggrin:

14. Dec 7, 2009 #13
    So very nice to hear a up date on you. Gail, we sure have missed you, and yes even worried about you. Don't you ever take this long to get in touch with us again!

The Navy is a great choice, so much to learn and so many cute men:blushing: Always remember us as your home port, you will always be welcome. {{{{HUGS}}}}

15. Dec 7, 2009 #14

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hi Gale 22 Or So,
    Congratulations!!! It is great to hear that you are doing so well.

16. Dec 7, 2009 #15

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Hi Gale, aka pillowhead, that was born the same day and year as my own daughter!!

I'm so glad to hear you found something you enjoy and got away from home.

We love you!!!

17. Dec 7, 2009 #16
    Hi Gale!

If you're ever in the Long Beach area and want to hang out let me know.

18. Dec 7, 2009 #17

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

hey sailor, if you get some shore leave, maybe you, Zoob, and the Ape, and I could meet up in San Diego. Would be even more fun if Huckleberry could come - you two could swap Navy stories. :)

19. Dec 7, 2009 #18
    That would be fun. Unfortunately my car is a heap and I worry that I'll even make it to work each day. I'm not sure I should drive it all the way down to SD. :-/

20. Dec 7, 2009 #19
    actually I'm not in SD. I'm actually stationed at an army base in CA right now. In a few months I'll be transfered to Georgia, and that will probably be my permantent duty station for a while.

So no mast for me yet Zooby.

Its definitely a very interesting direction for my life to have taken. But its a happy one, in fact I'm thriving. Its amazing what some strictly enforced rules will do for a girl. But yeah. Arabic is awesome, and I'm excited to do some serious traveling in the future. Its just funny to think back on how I got here, and how somehow everything sort of works out in the end.

21. Dec 7, 2009 #20
    If only I lived that far South. I'm North of LA, about 2 hours from San Fran.

And PS- central CA coast totally sucks. I thought I'd be leaving the cold weather!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook