1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Just Want to learn Pure Math Graduate level

1. Apr 27, 2012 #1
    Good evening,

The biggest question for me right now is what to do now?
    I got a bad experience from highschool and was never a hardworking student. I got admission to a top school for undergrad and as we all know college is somewhat different, I started to really learn as from Junior year. I completed an Econ major and then I discovered the beauty of pure math. I never knew how pretty and rewarding that subject could be like and now I just want to learn that. I discovered pure math pretty late though but I still want to learn the subject as for me, there is not a more interesting field. Here is the dilema:
    I just want to continue learning pure math at the graduate level but my grades aren't that great 3.1 gpa with econ, pure math and french major (from Uni of Michigan). I am considering masters program in Pure or PhD in any respectable school, I just want to learn. What would be a good advice from your experience if I just want to learn pure math.

Classes I have taken so far: Linear algebra, abstract algebra, ordinary differential eq, elementary analysis, number theory, probability.
    Will be taking: PDE, numerical methods, combinatorics and graph theory, topology, complex variables and I'm not sure.

I would really appreciate your help.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted