Say Hi to Web Developer from Philippines Interested in Physics

• Thread starter dirty9
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hi
In summary: Which is exactly what she did. She put him in charge of catching and cooking the fish for everyone at the office. And from that day on, he was a valuable asset to the company.
dirty9
hi! people.

I'm a web developer.

but I'm interested in physics.

from Philippines.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi dirty9 - welcome to PF!

dirty9 said:
hi! people.

I'm a web developer.

from Philippines.

Hi dirty9,

I'm a physicist.

But I'm interested in web development !

Would you like to come over for dinner ? :tongue2:

Welcome to PF, Dirty9.
What's your favourite fish?

Hello, welcome.

humanino said:
Hi dirty9,
I'm a physicist.
But I'm interested in web development !
Would you like to come over for dinner ? :tongue2:

Why do you want to learn web development humanino?
and what part of web development?

@danger
Fish that makes my eyesight clearer.

thank you.

dirty9 said:
hi! people.

I'm a web developer.

from Philippines.

What a coincidence--I have a spider who is a web developer! His website is the darkest corner of my kitchen :biggrin: .

Hmmmm, a fish that makes your eyesight clearer...well if you eat a diet rich in omega-3 oils, it can reduce your chance of getting macular degeneration:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13804393

But at PF we don't eat the fish, we use them to give (gentle...very gentle) welcome-slaps to newcomers.

dirty9 said:
Why do you want to learn web development humanino?
For my own server
and what part of web development?
The gypsy guitar one :smile:

dirty9 said:
hi! people.

I'm a web developer.

from Philippines.
A mackerel up your nose.

I'm an analyst, but I'm interested in physicists.

I'm a guy, and I'm interested in Physicals

(hmmm--I think there needs to be a few more qualifiers in that statement)

Last edited:
Math Is Hard said:
I'm an analyst, but I'm interested in physicists.

Hmm...I always thought it was your psychology studies that made you interested in physicists. :biggrin:

I'm not so fussy, I'm interested in both physicists and engineers. :biggrin: Oh, and I'm a biologist.

I'm interested in physicists and industrial microbiologists.

Oh and mad scientist inventors. :biggrin: I'm watching him now on the "tv" he set up. This is fun. Impressive, he's been building this thing for awhile now and hasn't injured himself once.

Last edited:
People who need fish …
:smile: … are the luckiest people in the world … ! :smile:

lisab said:
But at PF we don't eat the fish, we use them to give (gentle...very gentle) welcome-slaps to newcomers.

The fish? it's not a slap for me i knew it was a logical question regarding physics.
But i have the right to answer it my way because physics is not my field.

thank again guys.

lisab said:
What a coincidence--I have a spider who is a web developer! His website is the darkest corner of my kitchen :biggrin: .

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/1277/hackerpfjpg0nu.gif [Broken]

Sorry... I couldn't help it.

Last edited by a moderator:
tiny-tim said:
People who need fish …
:smile: … are the luckiest people in the world … ! :smile:

That reminds me of an old proverb, I think it went like this:

Teach a man to fish and he will pay you for a day.
Give a man fish, and he will pay you for a lifetime.

Redbelly98 said:

It's a proverb from the bible which goes something like
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Last edited:
Are you guys familiar or support "Distributed Computing Projects" like boinc?

just curious.

Evo, yes, that's it. I should have put a smiley or "jk" after my post :-)

Evo said:
It's a proverb form the bible which goes something like

I liked Yomamma's version a lot better, but a forums search won't acknowledge his existence.
The best that I can recall, without being able to find the original, is:
Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Redbelly98 said:

:rofl:

Danger said:
I liked Yomamma's version a lot better, but a forums search won't acknowledge his existence.
The best that I can recall, without being able to find the original, is:
Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
:rofl: I remember that!

Redbelly98 said:
Evo, yes, that's it. I should have put a smiley or "jk" after my post :-)
It just reminds me that there was this one guy at work that we hired and he was worthless. What we refer to as a "hiring mistake". The guy couldn't do anything on his own, completely unable to make a decision. No matter how many times you told him what to do he would still ask every single time. Finally my boss came to me and told me that she couldn't take the guy anymore, she couldn't get anything done, he was always asking her what to do. So I told her to send him to me.

When he got to my office I said "Sit down David, I'm going to teach you how to fish."
Anyway, we fired him, he couldn't fish. :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
Hmm...I always thought it was your psychology studies that made you interested in physicists. :biggrin:

They actually do come up in the literature now and then, often in a field called Perceptual Learning. There's some very interesting work on how experts and novices perceive and classify problems. Physics problems are sometimes used in this research.

Novices tend to classify problems by surface-level features. Experts consistently ignore these, readily perceiving the underlying structure of a problem, and using this as the categorization basis. Here's an example of the difference in classifying schemes and reasoning:

http://www.nap.edu/html/howpeople1/ch2_f4.html

The Perceptual Learning take on this is that becoming an expert doesn't just entail gathering lots and lots of knowledge, often there are dramatic changes in perception and attention. When examining a problem, suppression of the irrelevant features available to a person's attention is as critical as the enhancement of relevant ones. It's much like a transition from serial to parallel search. The important structural invariants just pop out as a whole for the experts, while the novices wade through irrelevant perceptual distractors seeking structure.

ok, whoa, I'm rambling. :redface:

I paint, but find physics and maths inspirational, as well as MIH's previous post. Please ramble!

Hi dirty9! :smile:

I forgot to say …
:biggrin: Welcome to PF! :biggrin:
dirty9 said:
Are you guys familiar or support "Distributed Computing Projects" like boinc?

just curious.

hmm … I think you've lost control of this thread …

happens sometimes … something to do with sea-water in the server, and the lack of good quality fish …

if you want a serious discussion on boinc, you'd better start another thread! :smile:

tiny-tim said:
… something to do with sea-water in the server, and the lack of good quality fish …

So what's this fish thing all about? :confused: I joined here about a month ago and keep seeing references to it. I'm not much of a seafood person myself, but I guess shrimp is my favorite.

redbelly98 please use sometimes your head.

it's not a fish that you can eat. it's a Physics Fish.

If I'm not mistaken it means --> Method, apparatus and applications for combining transmit wave functions to obtain synthetic waveform in ultrasonic imaging system.

Naw... it's just that our welcoming ceremony constists of you being whapped upside the face with a fish. Those who choose a smaller species have a higher survival rate.

Danger said:
Naw... it's just that our welcoming ceremony constists of you being whapped upside the face with a fish. Those who choose a smaller species have a higher survival rate.
No, no, we never hit in the face.

Evo said:
No, no, we never hit in the face.

So you hit me in the balls on purpose?! You told me that was an accident... :grumpy:

Danger said:
So you hit me in the balls on purpose?! You told me that was an accident... :grumpy:
:uhh: You know how accident prone I am. :uhh:

Welcome dirty9!

Danger: yomamma is now JamesU.

And keep talking psychology MIH. :biggrin:

Thanks, fuzzyfelt and Kurdt.:smile:

As for you, RedBelly..

<sssSSHHCRUNNChhh!>

That was jumbo, deep fried, and shell on.

<h2>What is a web developer?</h2><p>A web developer is a professional who specializes in creating and maintaining websites. They use programming languages such as HTML, CSS, and JavaScript to design and build websites that are functional and visually appealing.</p><h2>What is physics?</h2><p>Physics is a branch of science that deals with the study of matter, energy, and their interactions. It seeks to understand the fundamental laws and principles that govern the behavior of the universe, from the smallest particles to the largest galaxies.</p><h2>How does physics relate to web development?</h2><p>Physics and web development may seem like two completely unrelated fields, but they actually have a lot in common. Both require problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and the ability to think critically. In web development, understanding the principles of physics can also help with creating animations, optimizing website performance, and ensuring compatibility across different devices.</p><h2>What inspired a web developer from the Philippines to be interested in physics?</h2><p>There are many possible reasons why a web developer from the Philippines may be interested in physics. Some may have a natural curiosity about how the world works, while others may have been inspired by a particular teacher or experience. Additionally, the intersection of technology and science is becoming increasingly important in today's world, making it a natural interest for those in the tech industry.</p><h2>What are some career opportunities for someone with a background in both web development and physics?</h2><p>Having knowledge and skills in both web development and physics can open up a wide range of career opportunities. Some possible options include working as a web developer for a scientific organization, creating simulations or visualizations for physics concepts, or pursuing a career in data science or machine learning. The possibilities are endless and can depend on the individual's interests and strengths.</p>

What is a web developer?

A web developer is a professional who specializes in creating and maintaining websites. They use programming languages such as HTML, CSS, and JavaScript to design and build websites that are functional and visually appealing.

What is physics?

Physics is a branch of science that deals with the study of matter, energy, and their interactions. It seeks to understand the fundamental laws and principles that govern the behavior of the universe, from the smallest particles to the largest galaxies.

How does physics relate to web development?

Physics and web development may seem like two completely unrelated fields, but they actually have a lot in common. Both require problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and the ability to think critically. In web development, understanding the principles of physics can also help with creating animations, optimizing website performance, and ensuring compatibility across different devices.

What inspired a web developer from the Philippines to be interested in physics?

There are many possible reasons why a web developer from the Philippines may be interested in physics. Some may have a natural curiosity about how the world works, while others may have been inspired by a particular teacher or experience. Additionally, the intersection of technology and science is becoming increasingly important in today's world, making it a natural interest for those in the tech industry.

What are some career opportunities for someone with a background in both web development and physics?

Having knowledge and skills in both web development and physics can open up a wide range of career opportunities. Some possible options include working as a web developer for a scientific organization, creating simulations or visualizations for physics concepts, or pursuing a career in data science or machine learning. The possibilities are endless and can depend on the individual's interests and strengths.